OverviewCombine culinary and cars with this action-packed day-long tour of Italy's Bologna region. Depart Milan by high speed train and reach Bologna in only 62minutes. Your guide and driver will pick you up upon arrival. Ride via minivan from the center of Bologna to the production centers of some of the area's most delicious and beloved treats: Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar and prosciutto. After sampling some of the edible delights, travel to the Ferrari Museum in Maranello where you can indulge yourself in the history of the prestigious car company and even test drive one (at own expense). Later, tuck into a four-course gourmet lunch. This small-group tour is limited to just 14 participants, ensuring extra attention from the guide.
- Lunch included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourAfter 62 minutes by high speed train you will reach Bologna Centrale train station and you'll be picked up by your guide and driver for this exciting small-group tour that combines culinary deliciousness and fast, luxurious cars. On the drive there, listen to your guide inform the group what is in store for the day, as well as, some of the history of food and Ferrari in the region.
The first stop is a cheese maker. Learn how Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese is made. See how the workers churn the creamy goodness and where they store and age it for up to two and a half years before it's ready to eat. And, of course, sample some of the incredible cheese along with a savoury breakfast.
Hop back in the van and head for Modena, the capital of balsamic vinegar. Learn all about this 'black gold' and why and how Modena has perfected making it. Taste 15 and 30 year old balsamic vinegar and local foods with drops of this precious product. Then head to a prosciutto factory to sample some luscious cured ham with Lambrusco wine. Learn about the long curing process and about the history of the meat in the area. Transition from culinary to cars for the next stop: the Ferrari Museum. Stroll around the museum learning about the history of the posh automobile maker, take a guided tour and then even opt to test drive a Ferrari (at own expense) with a teacher beside you.
Finally, conclude the tour with a delicious six-course lunch at a family-run restaurant, complete with wine and water and followed by coffee and a digestive. After lunch, get dropped off in the center of Bologna to take advantage of some free time to discover Piazza Maggiore, with the Neptune Fountain and San Petronio Basilica, the Two Towers, before to find you way back to the station (10 minutes on foot) or directly at the railway station for the return train to Milan.
Inclusions for Italian Food And Museo Ferrari Small Group Tour From Milan Including Lunch
- High speed train tickets by high speed train Milano Centrale/Bologna Centrale railway station (round trip)
- Visit to a Parmesan Cheese producer
- Visit to a Prosciutto producer
- Visit to a traditional balsamic vinegar producer
- Savoury breakfast
- 3 Food & wine tastings by the prodcucers
- Visit to the Ferrari Museum in Maranello
- Admission ticket with privileged entrance to the Ferrari Museum in Maranello (skip-the-line)
- 6-course Gourmet Lunch with wine, coffee and digestif included
- Professional licensed guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan, complimentary bottled water and free WI-FI on board
- Complimentary map of Bologna
Exclusions for Italian Food And Museo Ferrari Small Group Tour From Milan Including Lunch
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Ferrari test drive (optional) to be paid on-site
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required and specify any dietary restriction or food allergy
Train tickets will be sent by email 15 days prior the tour date
Train tickets are not refundable
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.