Italian Food Tour Of Chicago
OverviewChicago's culinary pedigree is, much like Chicago itself, quintessentially American. Upon further investigation, however, you'll find that many of Chicago's signature specialties derive from the cuisine of Italy. Come join your expert tour guide for a delightful stroll through the home of the Chicago Italian Beef sandwich, the original Pizzeria Uno, and much much more on the Italian Food Tour of Chicago! Prepare to mangia!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourTaste your way through Chicago's vibrant Magnificent Mile and Gold Coast on this Italian food-focused walking tour. Try mouthwatering Italian beef, homemade meatballs and marinara as well as savory rice balls.
Meet your guide in front of Al's Italian Beef, the world-famous birthplace of the Italian beef sandwich. With the very first bite, you are certain to understand why it has been a Chicago staple for more than 60 years. Next, stop at Portillo's for the best meatball sub in the city, assembled with homemade meatballs smothered in provolone cheese and marinara sauce.
Then stroll over to try the town's best deep-dish pizza at Uno's, the place where deep-dish began. Stroll through the wealthy Gold Coast area past the Medinah Temple, a historic landmark built by the Shriners in the early 1900s which now houses a Bloomingdale's. Meander past beautiful mansions, museums, and churches including Holy Name Cathedral, the city's main Catholic church.
Head down the Magnificent Mile to L'Appetito for arancini, a traditional Italian delight of deep-fried rice balls filled with a variety of meats, cheeses, and vegetables. After all those savory foods, cleanse your palate at Bar Toma with gelato made in-house using fresh ingredients like blueberries, basil, and imported chocolate. Be sure to come back to Bar Toma for their New York-style wood fired pizza, named best in the country by Esquire and Food and Wine.
Inclusions for Italian Food Tour Of Chicago
- Entrance fees
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Italian Food Tour Of Chicago
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please specify any food allergies at the time of checkout in the "special requirements" field.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.