Iximché Ruins And Antigua City Tour
OverviewExperience Guatemalas mixture of Spanish and Mayan influences on this full-day tour of Iximch and Antigua. Learn about Mayan history from your knowledgeable guide as you explore the archeological site of Iximch. Then, head to the Spanish colonial city of Antigua to visit some of its most famous sites, including San Francisco Church, Calle del Arco, La Merced Church and Plaza Central. This day tour is perfect for the whole family!
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourDiscover the beauty and history of Guatemala on this 8-hour tour of the ruins of Iximch and the cobblestone streets of Antigua.
After pickup from your Antigua hotel, venture northwest approximately an hour to the dusty town of Tecpn. Here, explore the Mayan ruins of Iximch, once the Kaqchiquel Maya capital and a Guatemala must-see attraction. Upon entering the ruins, you'll see four ceremonial plazas, which are surrounded by tall temple structures and two ball courts. The plazas were used for things such as housing for residents and special ceremonies, and the ball courts were used to play the Mesoamerican ballgame, a sport that dates back to 1400 BC. Tour the site with your knowledgeable guide and discover the ancient history of Guatemala.
After approximately two hours at Iximch, you'll be driven to the city of Antigua, about an hour away. Stop for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) before visiting the Central Plaza with your guide. Here, visit San Francisco Church, where you'll see the shrine of Peter of St Joseph Betancur. Explore the ruins of the Santo Domingo Monastery, which was once the biggest and richest monastery in Antigua. See the arch of Santa Catalina, one of Antigua's most distinguishable landmarks; built in the 17th century, the building connected to the archway was once home to Santa Catalina Convent.
Next, visit a beautiful Baroque-style church, La Merced Church, before heading over to the Museo del Jade (Jade Museum). Watch craftsmen turn stones into unique jewels and see the jade collection housed at the museum. After the tour, you'll be taken back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Iximché Ruins And Antigua City Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Iximché Ruins And Antigua City Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.