Ixtapa Island TourWrite a Review
Enjoy the calm water of Ixtapa Island, where you will have the opportunity to swim and practice other water sports in crystal clear water.
The Island has three beaches, all within a very short walking distance. Varadero and Cuachalalate beaches have calm water with sandy bottom where you can swim, and the Coral Beach on the back of the island it’s a great place to snorkel in shallow water because of its beautiful coral reef and wide variety of marine life.
The amount of fish on coral beach is so good that you will be able to see them right from the shore line.
On the island you will also have the chance to relax in a lounge chair with a constant breeze or take a short walk into the bushes to see the tame white tail deer.
On the way back from the Island we will visit at a lagoon full of crocodiles, iguanas, lagoon turtles and beautiful birds in a natural habitat.
- Hotel pickup included
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up at the lobby of your hotel in Ixtapa or Zihuatanejo to be transferred to the pier in the north part of Ixtapa. The drive will be through the impeccable Playa Linda Boulevard and it will take about 20 minutes to get to the pier. During the drive the tour guide will provide you with a lot of good information about the area.
After the drive there will be a 5 minute walk to get to the pier, you will then get on the panga boat. The boat ride to the island will take approximately 10 minutes. The boat will have a roof so that you don’t get sunburn while navigating to the island.
At the island you will walk for 5 minutes from Cuachalalate beach over the hill to Coral beach, you will have a chance to take a beautiful picture of the Coral Beach from a look out point.
Once you get to the Coral Beach there will be tables, chairs and lounge chairs for you to put your belongings in a safe place.
You will have about 2 hours and 30 minutes to swim and relax, read a book, have a massage or maybe rent a snorkel equipment to explore the marine life on the coral reef.
You will have lunch around 1:30pm. If you decide to stay on Coral beach for lunch you can be served lunch there OR you can move to Varadero Beach, that way you get to see all 3 beaches that there are at Ixtapa Island.
For lunch you will get one of the following choices:
- Chicken on the grill or breaded or chicken fajitas.
- Fish on the grill or breaded or on garlic sauce.
- Shrimp on garlic sauce or breaded.
- Cheese quesadillas.
All of the dishes come with rice and salad as well as beer or soft drink.
You will be taken back to the main land and be shown some crocodiles, iguanas, lagoon turtles and beautiful birds in a completely natural habitat.
After the visit to the natural habitat you will transported back to your hotel in Ixtapa or Zihuatanejo.
Inclusions for Ixtapa Island Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation in an air-condition vehicle
- Local tour guide that is fluent in English language
Exclusions for Ixtapa Island Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Choose one of the following:
• Chicken on the grill or breaded or chicken fajitas
• Fish on the grill or breaded or on garlic sauce
• Shrimp on garlic sauce or breaded
• Cheese quesadillas
All of the dishes come with rice and salad, as well as beer or soft drink.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for child aged 2 and under
Not recommended for adult aged 81 and over
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.