OverviewBe amazed by the tradition and authenticity of the city of Izamal, a center of religious peregrination from immemorial times. Visit the convent of Izamal walking through its spacious atrium. Climb to the Pyramids of El Conejo and Kinich Kakm.
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour
Begin your full-day tour with pickup from your hotel in Merida and head to the center of Izamal, a designated Pueblo Magico where the Convento de San Antonio de Padua is located. This Franciscan convent was built in 1553 atop Pap-Hol-Chac(House of Thunder), which was the tallest pre-Columbian pyramid in the city.
Learn about the local history and admire the colonial architecture of its 75 arches as you stroll with your guide through the spacious atrium. See the towns yellow-painted houses and browse for crafts from local artisans.
Next, board an antique horse-drawn carriage and traverse the citys cobblestone streets, stopping at the Pyramid of El Conejo and the Pyramid of Kinich Kakm. Climb the 10-level structure, the tallest archaeological structure in the Yucatan, before feasting on a traditional Yucatecan lunch.
Conclude your visit to Izamal with return transport to Merida.
Inclusions for Izamal City Tour With Carriage Ride From Merida
- Round-trip transportation from Merida hotels
- Bilingual guide
- Carriage ride (up to 4 people)
- Traditional lunch
Exclusions for Izamal City Tour With Carriage Ride From Merida
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring comfortable clothes, walking shoes, sunglasses, hat and cash (for incidentals)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.