Izamal Full-Day City Tour From Merida
OverviewVisit Izamal, the city of the hills, located just in the center of the Yucatan Peninsula. See this ancient colonial city and find some pyramids such as Kinich Kakmo and other structures such as Rabit, Kabul and Itzamatul.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Your full-day tour begins with hotel pickup in Merida at around 9am. From there, you'll drive towards Izamal to get a thorough tour of the city. This colonial city is known as the city of hills and it's located right in the middle of the peninsula. Some say it could be considered the oldest colonial city.
It contains five pyramids with the main one being Kinich Kakmo, as well as the rabbit, and izamatul kabul. You will visit these pyramids and learn all the history about them. The city is considered a colonial jewel because all the buildings are painted yellow and the main attraction is the convent of Izamal, which was built on the land where a Mayan pyramid was built on, using the stones of this pyramid for its construction.
Walk around the streets and learn about its founder, Fray Diego de Landa, who was famous for burning the indigenous writings. The tour includes a professional guide and tickets to the former convent, a horse carriage ride, parking and travel insurance.
Inclusions for Izamal Full-Day City Tour From Merida
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Izamal Full-Day City Tour From Merida
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Chichen Itza by Night and Day: Archaeologist-Led Tour, Dinner and Light and Sound Show from Merida
- Izamal City Tour with Light and Sound Show
- Progreso Shore Excursion: Uxmal Day Trip
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Merida Airport to Hotels
- Bike Tour to the Mayan City of Dzibilchaltun
- Puuc Route and Loltun Caves Day Trip from Merida