Jack The Ripper Walking Tour Of London’s East End
OverviewDiscover the spine-chilling mystery of Jack the Ripper, the notorious 1888 serial killer, on a walking tour of Londons East End. As darkness descends onto the streets, head into the neighborhood of Whitechapel to explore its warren of sinister-looking alleyways that have changed little if at all since the 19th century. Hear little-known theories about the suspects, learn all about the victims, and then finish with a drink (own expense) in the historical Ten Bells pub.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Aldgate (east London), and then set off on your walking tour of Whitechapel. Now a cosmopolitan area full of curry houses and markets, the neighborhood was once the stomping ground of Londons most fearsome serial killer Jack the Ripper.
Never identified, the 19th-century killer struck at least five different times in the eerie streets of Whitechapel, selecting local prostitutes as his victims. Hear stories about the prime suspects and the theories surrounding their involvement, as you explore the darkened streets and East End pubs that are linked to them.
As well as hearing about the suspects, learn about the victims like Mary Jane Kelly and Elizabeth Strides, who suffered a brutal end under the hands of the ripper. Gruesome, yet clinically precise, the murders sparked huge media interest and an enduring international notoriety. Between seeing the sites, your guide will show original photographs of the crime scenes, plus newspaper cuttings from the period.
Finish your tour in a historical East End pub the Ten Bells a supposed watering hole of the killer. Enjoy a drink (own expense) while chatting with your guide and the rest of your group about the investigation, the East End and, of course, Jack the Ripper himself.
Inclusions for Jack The Ripper Walking Tour Of London’s East End
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Jack The Ripper Walking Tour Of London’s East End
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.