Jaipur Abhaneri Historical Day TripWrite a Review
OverviewAbhaneri is a small village situated in the Dausa district in Rajasthan. This village, located 59 miles (95km) away from Jaipuris, is known for Harshat Mata temple which is from the 9th century.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- Buffet lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
You will be picked up at your centrally located hotel in Jaipur area and will be taken to Abhaneri. In Abhaneri, only some portions of the ancient Harshat Mata temple remain now, such as the sanctuary walls, fore chamber and the terrace.
The worn out images of the deities indicate that the shrine was originally dedicated to the creator of Hindu trinity, lord Vishnu. The walls of the ancient shrine are carved with the images of the deities. The columns and walls of the temple are adorned with various scenes of music, sport, and dance and also love. A few of the panels of the temple have been shifted to amber and central museum, archaeological museum of Jaipur.
Near to the Harshat Mata shrine is the step well Chand Baoli, which dates back to the 11the century AD. This step well is considered to be one of the most beautiful, deepest, and largest step wells of India. Chand baoli is a unique invention of Abhaneri. These Baolis are not an ordinary structure, they were wonders of architecture. The Chand Baoli has panels that are beautifully carved and inserted in to the sides.
The stone carved pillars were very strong in the past and were once used to support pulleys for the purpose of drawing water. In the surrounding of this beautifully carved step well are several-storied verandas.
After sightseeing , you will have lunch and will drive back to Jaipur where you will be dropped at your hotel.
Inclusions for Jaipur Abhaneri Historical Day Trip
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Buffet lunch
- Bottled water
- Private tour host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Jaipur Abhaneri Historical Day Trip
- Camera Fees
- Any other items which are not mentioned in Inclusions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
A small amount of walking is involved. Comfortable shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.