Jasper National Park Tour: Maligne Valley, Medicine Lake And Spirit Island
OverviewDiscover Jasper National Parks spectacular Maligne Valley on a 6-hour adventure with an expert guide. During stops at Maligne Canyon, Medicine Lake and Maligne Lake, youll look for wildlife and learn about the human and natural history in this part of the Canadian Rockies. Youll see stunning scenery throughout the day and have plenty of opportunities to take photos and short walks. At Maligne Lake, choose to take a boat cruise to Spirit Island or a guided hike along the lakeshore.
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your Jasper hotel, youll travel by comfortable coach with an experienced local guide into Jasper National Park. Youll stop first at Maligne Canyon where a short walk takes you across two bridges over a 165 foot (50m) deep gorge that has been carved into the limestone. Catch great views of the waterfalls spilling into the canyon below as you explore the area with your guide, who will share information about the geology and wildlife in the area.
After checking out Maligne Canyon, youll continue to drive to Medicine Lake, taking a gorgeous road that winds through a dramatic mountain and forest landscape. Medicine Lake is famous for vanishing every summer, the result of an extensive underground karst system one of the largest in the world.
From Medicine Lake youll follow the road to gorgeous Maligne Lake where youll have a choice of a boat cruise to Spirit Island or a 2-mile (3.2km) guided hike on an easy and level trail.
If you choose the hiking option, youll follow your guide on the Mary Schaffer Loop trail, which skirts the shore of Maligne Lake to a beautiful viewpoint with interpretive displays and benches before continuing into the trees and back to your starting point.
If you take the boat cruise, youll board a comfortable enclosed boat with large windows for a scenic tour on Maligne Lake. Your boat will stop at Spirit Island, a small gem in the lake, where youll have time for photos and a short stroll.
Throughout the day, your guide will explain the natural and human history of the area and will keep an eye out for the abundant wildlife that lives here. Sightings may include bear, deer, caribou, wolves, moose, bighorn sheep, bald eagles and osprey, among the many animals of Jasper National Park.
At the end of your tour, you will be returned to your Jasper hotel.
Inclusions for Jasper National Park Tour: Maligne Valley, Medicine Lake And Spirit Island
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Jasper National Park Tour: Maligne Valley, Medicine Lake And Spirit Island
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Contents of tours may vary due to weather and road conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jasper Rock Climbing Experience
- Jasper Wildlife and Waterfalls Tour with Maligne Lake Hike
- 5.5-Hour Jasper Wildlife and Waterfalls Tour with Maligne Lake Cruise from Jasper
- Maligne Canyon Ice Walk
- Jasper Rafting Trip on Athabasca River Mile 5
- Pyramid Lake Canoeing Adventure
- Jasper Evening Wildlife Discovery Tour