Take a leisurely ride by jaunting car, a two-wheeled, horse-drawn carriage. Ride through Killarney National Park to the 15th-century Ross Castle, once the fortress of local chieftain O'Donoghue Mor. On this 60-minute tour you'll step back in time as your driver recalls Gaelic chieftains and their castles. Pass by Deenagh Lodge and Killarney House in Ireland's second largest park, and ride along the lakeshore through magnificent scenery en route.
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
Gaelic chieftains and their castles evoke the history of Ireland. You will step back in time to the 15th Century Ross Castle, fortress of the local chieftain O’ Donoghue Mor.
Enjoy Irish tradition at its best, purest form - come on board a Killarney Jaunting Car and take a unique tour around this place that brings back so many memories. Visit some of Killarney’s many beautiful, worth-seeing spots. While on tour, your eye is drawn to the majestic, historic high spire of St Mary’s Cathedral. This tour through history, legend & folklore rambles its way along Killarney National Park and Deer Parks.
As you travel through the park, you will see the home ground of the Red Deer, Ireland’s largest native land mammal, and learn that they have been in the country since the last ice age; some 10,000 years ago! Indeed, this place tells so many wonderful stories.
Your tour journey takes you through areas where, for your convenience, no motor traffic is permitted, allowing you to experience an absolute paradise. As you enjoy your tour experience, you will be told of stories relating to events that have taken place in the areas. Hear about the Legend of the Lake and the rich history of Ross Castle. A short stopover at this restored 15th century Castle, allows for a real glimpse of ancient Ireland at its finest. Ross Castle was home to the legendary Gaelic Chieftain O’Donoghue Ross and the last Irish fortress to fall to Cromwell in 1652. As the one hour tour comes to its end, your group will be returned to the town centre or your hotel awed by the experience.
Tour Highlights include:
- Guided tour with a traditional Jarvey full of Irish whit
- Visit areas where no motor traffic is permitted
- View the magnificent St. Mary’s Cathedral on route
- Capture a picture of one of the finest Thatch roof Cottages
- Observe Ireland’s last herd of native red deer
- Awe Inspiring views of Ireland’s highest Mountain Range
- Take some leisure time at Ross Castle and Lough Léin
Inclusions for Jaunting Car Tour To Ross Castle From Killarney
- Professional driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
Exclusions for Jaunting Car Tour To Ross Castle From Killarney
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.