Examine a harrowing period of Irish history with a 50-minute guided tour around the Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship and Famine Museum. Step aboard the replica vessel on the Dublin Quays and retrace the steps that many emigrants made in the mid-19th century, when Ireland was in the grips of a catastrophic and widespread famine. Accompanied by a guide, explore the inner chambers below deck and learn about the wretched conditions that passengers endured during the original voyages across the Atlantic Ocean.
- Instant Confirmation
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourChoose the tour time most convenient for you, then make your own way to the Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship and Famine Museum. Aftering meeting your expert guide, step aboard the Jeanie Johnston, a carefully crafted replica of a 19th-century cargo ship that made 16 journeys from Ireland to North America during the Great Famine, and prepare to take a step back in time.
With your informative guide leading the way, head below deck to see the cramped cabins that desperate Irish emigrants would have lived in for the duration of the hazardous 3,000-mile (4,800-kilometer) journey.
Imagine the mindset of the emigrants as you walk around the ships quarters, and listen as your guide relates stories about the impact of the famine on Ireland, as well as the personal tales of poverty-stricken citizens who fled for North America.
Discover more about the story of the original Jeanie Johnston. Despite carrying over 2,500 people across the Atlantic, the ship saw no loss of life an almost miraculous statistic when compared to similar vessels from the time.
After seeing the confined conditions below, climb back up on deck, where youll learn about the skill and craftsmanship that went into creating this faithful replica.
When the time comes, bid farewell to your guide and disembark from the boat. You may then want to pay a visit to the moving Famine Memorial, which is located near the ship on Custom House Quay.
Inclusions for Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship And Famine Museum Tour In Dublin
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship And Famine Museum Tour In Dublin
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Guinness Storehouse Entrance Ticket
- Cliffs Of Moher Day Trip From Dublin
- Blarney Castle And Cork Day Trip From Dublin
- Giant's Causeway Day Trip From Dublin
- Dublin Traditional Irish Music Pub Crawl
- Northern Ireland Day Trip From Dublin: Belfast Black Taxi Tour And Giant's Causeway
- Newgrange And Hill Of Tara Day Trip From Dublin
- 24hrs City Sightseeing Dublin Hop On-off 3 Routes And Dublin Night Tour By Bus
- City Sightseeing Dublin
- Dublin City Hop On Hop Off Tour