Jerez Flamenco Day Trip From Malaga
OverviewDiscover the birthplace of flamenco on this full-day small-group Jerez flamenco day trip, from Malaga. Delve into ancient gypsy culture, dance, and music, wandering through Jerezs flamenco neighborhoods with your private guide. Listen as your guide explains how the dance began and became the world famous tradition it is today. See where the local gypsy community gets together to sing, dance, play, and pass the tradition along to their children. See an authentic flamenco show featuring famous singers, dancers, and musicians.
Know More about this tourIn the 17th century, troupes of gypsies abandoned their nomadic lifestyles to settle in the Santiago and San Miguel neighborhoods of Jerez de la Frontera. Since then, the streets have raised many flamenco stars, such as Manuel Molina, Antonio Chacón, La Paquera, Lola Flores, José Mercé, Terremoto, and Antonio Ríos Fernández El Pipa. An ancient rivalry between Santiago and San Miguel remains. You can absorb flamenco at all hours in the bars and peñas flamencas there.
The Flamenco style of today took shape in the 19th century, amongst the traditional music and dance of Andalusia, a city with ancient and diverse origins. However, flamenco is not simply Andalusian folklore (including seguidillas, sevillanas, fandangos, verdiales, ballads, the chacarrá, and el vito), but a fundamentally visual art. Home to the aforementioned flamenco stars, Jerez is considered the art forms birthplace.
You can enjoy the traditional cuisine from Jerez de la Frontera, including ajo campero, puchero, cola de toro, chicharrones, riñones al jerez, choco con papas, berza jerezana, and alcauciles al jerez (meals are not included). The tapas-centered cuisine showcases many diverse influences. Sample the local specialty, sherry, choosing from wines such as Fino, Amontillado, Oloroso, and Mosto. Visit the medieval town center to see the Cathedral, the Alcazár, and the churches of the Reconquista. Relax in the squares of Arenal and Plateros before exploring the vibrant quarters of San Miguel and Santiago, where bar terraces alternate with the shops.
Inclusions for Jerez Flamenco Day Trip From Malaga
- Guided Visit to Traditional Flamenco Neighborhoods of Jerez
- Authentic Flamenco Show
- Guided Visit to Jerez de la Frontera
- Cultural Event at Tabanco with Wine & Tapas
- Round-trip private transfer
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Exclusions for Jerez Flamenco Day Trip From Malaga
- Gratuities (optional)
- Other services not specified above
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Malaga Catamaran Cruise with BBQ Lunch and Port Restaurant Dinner
- Mlaga Swim Cruise with Lunch at the Port and Flamenco Show
- Malaga Sunset Cruise with Champagne and Restaurant Dinner
- Malaga Glass and Crystal Museum Admission Ticket
- Sealife Benalmadena Entrance Ticket
- Mlaga at Dusk Walking Tour
- Full-Day Marbella Tour from Malaga
- Discover Sevilla from Mlaga by High Speed Train