Jerusalem Three Religions Mount Of Olives Walking Tour
OverviewExperience the full religious force of Jerusalems Mount of Olives on this enlightening 3-hour tour. With a knowledgeable guide, explore the hallowed sites of this legendary mountain ridge east of Old Jerusalem, and uncover the religious beliefs, stories and events that give it such spiritual importance to Christians, Jews and Muslims alike. Admire the spectacular views of the old city from the slopes; visit the atmospheric Garden of Gethsemane and Church of All Nations; take in the ancient Jewish cemetery; and discover other treasures and noteworthy sites along the way.
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMeet your knowledgeable and impartial guide outside Old Jerusalem and travel by air-conditioned taxi to the Mount of Olives, the nearby mountain ridge held sacred by Christians, Jews and Muslims.
Absorb the spectacular views of Old Jerusalem, picking out the dazzling gold-coated Dome of the Rock. As you take in the scene, hear how Jews and Muslims believe the Mount is where the gates of heaven will open on Judgment Day, and how, in Christian belief, the hill was the setting of many biblical events.
Walk through the ancient Jewish cemetery on the slopes, and learn about some of the illustrious figures laid to rest here, and why burial in the graveyard is considered such a privilege.
Visit the Church of All Nations, home to a slab of rock where Jesus is believed to have prayed before his arrest, and view the Church of Pater Noster, whose cloisters house panels bearing the Lords Prayer in 62 languages.
Learn why the panels are here and then visit the church of Dominus Flevit. Examine this beautiful, teardrop-shaped church and discover how its shape symbolizes the weeping of Jesus as he foresaw Jerusalems destruction.
See the Chapel of Ascension that stands where Jesus is believed to have risen to heaven, and wander through the Garden of Gethsemane, where he is held to have spent the night before his arrest.
See the ancient olive trees and absorb the sense of antiquity before visiting the Crusader church said to mark the tomb of the Virgin Mary. Enter the crypt to see the rock tomb as your guide recounts its history and importance to both Christians and Muslims.
Your tour ends here, leaving you free to continue exploring or make the short walk independently back into Old Jerusalem.
Please note: The order of sightseeing as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Jerusalem Three Religions Mount Of Olives Walking Tour
- Expert guide
- Taxi ride to the Mount of Olives
Exclusions for Jerusalem Three Religions Mount Of Olives Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Jerusalem Walking Tour: In the Footsteps of Jesus
- Palm Sunday in Jerusalem: Mass at Bethpage and Via Dolorosa Procession
- Hebron Day Trip from Jerusalem: Israeli-Palestinian Sites
- Jerusalem Super Saver: Jerusalem and the Dead Sea Day Tour plus In the Footsteps of Jesus Walking Tour
- Sacred Jewish Sites Tour from Jerusalem: Tiberias, Safed and Mount Meron
- Ashdod Shore Excursion: Private Jerusalem and Bethlehem Day Trip