Jerusalem Tour From Tel Aviv: In The Footsteps Of Jesus
OverviewLeave Tel Aviv and spend a whole day in Jerusalem discovering the citys Christian sights on a walking tour. Widely believed to be the city where Jesus Christ lived and died, Jerusalem is home to the settings of countless biblical tales. Walk with a local guide down the Mount of Olives, through Jerusalem Old City, and over to the start point of the Via Dolorosa pilgrimage route while visiting religious landmarks such as the Church of All Nations, Pool of Bethesda, St Anne Church and more.
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourStart your tour with a pickup from your central Tel Aviv hotel, and then relax on the 45-minute journey by air-conditioned coach to the Mount of Olives, a mountain ridge just east of Jerusalem. Stop at the summit and soak up views of Jerusalems Old City while hearing about its links to Christianity; famously, Jerusalem is the city where Jesus is believed to have lived and died.
Often referred to in the New Testament, the Mount of Olives provided the setting for countless biblical tales. On a stroll down its slopes, stop to visit places mentioned in such tales such as Dominus Flevit Church, where Jesus is said to have wept as he predicted the destruction of Jerusalem.
At the foot of the Mount of Olives, head inside the Roman Catholic Church of All Nations (Basilica of the Agony) near the Garden of Gethsemane. Built on the foundations of two historical churches, the present-day place of worship was built with funds from several different nations, attesting to its name. See a series of mosaics depicting Christ, and learn about the stone shrine enclosed within the church where Jesus is believed to have prayed on the night he was arrested.
Pass through the Jewish cemetery in Kidron Valley, and then enter the history-steeped Old City through Lions Gate. Enjoy a break for lunch at your own expense, and then meet back up with your guide to continue your tour. Stop for photos by the Pool of Bethesda, a landmark described in the Gospel of St John, and visit the Crusader St Anne Church, built on the supposed birthplace of the mother of the Virgin Mary, Anne.
Take a walk past the Convent of the Sisters of Zion, and note an ancient pavement engraved with games played by Roman soldiers in bygone days. The convent marks the start point of Via Dolorosa, the important Christian pilgrimage route where Jesus is said to have walked, carrying his cross, to his crucifixion.
After taking photos and chatting to your guide about the religious site, return to your coach to travel back to Tel Aviv, and then finish your day with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Jerusalem Tour From Tel Aviv: In The Footsteps Of Jesus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Jerusalem Tour From Tel Aviv: In The Footsteps Of Jesus
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Negev Desert Private Day Tour from Tel Aviv : Beersheba Sde Boker and Mitzpe Ramon
- Private Day Tour: Sea of Galilee, Tiberias and Safed from Tel Aviv
- Private Tour: Masada and Dead Sea Day Tour from Tel Aviv
- Shore Excursion: Sea of Galilee Private Tour from Haifa Port
- Half Day Private Walking Tour of Jaffa
- Tel Aviv and Jaffa Tour
- Central Israel Wine Tour From Tel Aviv
- Northern Israel Wine Tour From Tel Aviv