Jet Boat Safari On The Sigatoka River
OverviewSee the Heart & Soul of Fiji aboard this 4.5 hour jet boat safari along the Sigatoka River. This life changing experience transports you deep into the Fijian interior aboard the world's first and Fiji's original Jet Boat Safari. You will visit a local village who will enthral you with a welcoming ceremony then give you a chance to interact with the locals during this unique cultural experience.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Ideal choice for families
- Lunch included
- Hotel pickup included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tour
You will depart Sigatoka Town in a comfortable air conditioned mini coach with your safari guide. From this time until you reach the Sigatoka River Safari jetty, your driver & guide will bring the region to life by explaining the rich history of the area and the history of the villages along the Valley Road while you take pictures, if you wish.
Upon arrival at your safari departure point in Nakaracia, your safari jet boat captain & operations Team will welcome you into the jungle. There are restrooms available and lockers for safe keeping of bags and change of clothes. You will be provided with life jackets & receive a safety briefing by your jet boat captain before heading up river into the "Heart & Soul of Fiji".
During the safari jet boat experience, you will be enthralled by commentary stops along the river in which you will see and hear from the people about how their ancestors lived during the days of cannibalism and warfare. This will also include insights into modern day Fijian living.
After some 45 minutes on the mighty Sigatoka River, you will arrive at your designated village, where upon meeting your village guide, you will be taken into your village, treated to the age old custom of presenting the 'sevusevu' or traditional Fijian offering which includes the kava ceremony and you are then able to taste Kava. During this interaction you will be engaging with the people of your village including the chief of the village, villageelders and children.
After this welcomingceremony, your village guide will lead you around the village, where you will be able to ask questions about life in the village, life in Fiji and its rich culture and traditions.
Your time in the village will include a delicious Fijian lunch and entertainment by your new friends before boarding the safari jet boatfor your homeward journey, which includes a few gentle manoeuvres (Sigatoka Spins - 360 degrees). Please note that you will have the option to partake in the Sigatoka Spins and if you opt not to then you will be taken back to the jetty. The captain will then head out with the remaining guests to perform the signature spins.
Inclusions for Jet Boat Safari On The Sigatoka River
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Lunch and Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air conditioned coach
Exclusions for Jet Boat Safari On The Sigatoka River
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in different weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.