Jewish Heritage - Full Day - Istanbul
OverviewExplore the history of Jew settlement in Istanbul with this tour that promises to take you to some of the most important Jewish landmarks. Starting from Galata, an old Jewish neighbourhood to Golden Horn to Zülfaris Jewish Museum, this tour educates you on the lives, traditions and customs of Jews in the city and beyond. Conclude your tour with a visit to Jewish cemetery where the martyrs of Neve Shalom were buried.
Know More about this tour
The story Of Turkish Jews who were deported from Spain in 1492, now living in Türkiye for more than 500 years in peace & harmony.
Start after breakfast for a tour in Galata, the centuries-old Jewish neighborhood with its famous tower built by the Genoese. Visit to Neve Shalom Synagogue or Ashkenaz Synagogue (upon availability)
Drive to Balat along the Golden Horn, residential area of the Ottoman Jews where the “Star of David” still appears on the facades of some buildings. Visit to Ahrida Synagogue, built in the 15th century and from outside Jewish Hospital (Or-Ahayim).
Visit to Zülfaris Jewish Museum of the Quincentennial Foundation and the “Oldies House” at Hasköy.
The Jewish Cemetery where the martyrs of Neve Shalom are buried. Stop at Ortaköy, first disembark point of Sephardic Jews who were expelled from Spain by the religious disturbance of the Spanish King and the Queen, desperate on the ships in the middle of the sea, not being accepted by any European country except the Ottoman Sultan Beyazid Khan The Second who welcomed them offering a safe and peaceful life. Last visit to Etz Ahayim Synagogue in Ortaköy.
- Advance reservation required.
- Photocopy of the passport page with photo is needed in advance (4 days) for visit permits. Passports required for security during the tour.
Inclusions for Jewish Heritage - Full Day
- Round trip transfers from/to central hotels
- Private A/C transportation
- English speaking professional private guide (other languages are available on request)
- Donations to synagogues
- Museum entrance fees and lunch
Exclusions for Jewish Heritage - Full Day
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 24 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 5 Days ANZAC Day 2016 The Digger Tour visiting Istanbul and Gallipoli
- Evening Local Food and Wine Tour In Istanbul
- Golden Horn of Istanbul Tour
- 7-Day Turkey Explorer Tour from Istanbul
- Istanbul Small Group City Tour: Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, Grand Bazaar, St Sophia and Topkapi Palace
- 5-Day Aegean Tour from Istanbul: Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamum, Ephesus, Kusadasi, Pamukkale and Hierapolis