Jewish Heritage Private Tour Including Grand Choral Synagogue And Ethnography Museum - Saint Petersburg
OverviewLearn the history and cultural heritage of the Jewish community of Saint Petersburg by paying a visit to the Grand Choral Synagogue, YESOD (the Jewish community center) and Russian Museum of Ethnography. Fancy the second largest synagogue in Europe which was built in 1888 and consecrated in 1893. Despite the fact that the Grand Choral Synagogue was bombed during the Siege of Leningrad, the Jewish community has survived during this horrid period and has been restoring its sacramental place within several years.Learn how rich the Jewish heritage is by attending the Russian Museum of Ethnography where you will see a unique collection of Jewish artwork. The state-of-the-art YESOD Jewish cultural center will open its doors for you as well to introduce activities and events which are held there.
- Skip the line
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the lobby of your hotel and start exploring the city and its major landmarks on your way to the Grand Choral Synagogue which is the home of the Jewish community in Saint Petersburg. Get ready to see such notable city destinations, asSt. Isaac's cathedral, Church on the Spilled Blood, Admiralty, Spit of St.Basil's Island, Peter and Paul Fortress, Aurora cruiser, Peter's Log cabin, Smolny convent, St.Michaels castle, the Russian Museum, Alexander-Nevsky lavra and much more!
On your arrival to the synagogue, one of the community members will greet you and show you around the place telling the history and life of Jews in Russia and difficulties that membershad to overcome to build the synagogue and establish their community. TheGrand Choral Synagogue was built under the rule of Alexander II in 1888 and consecrated in 1893. Learn some facts concerning its construction and restrictions which were imposed on it. The synagogue has come through crises during the Soviet period and was demolished during the Siege of Leningrad. Nowadays you have an opportunity to behold the newly restored synagogue.
Pay a visit to Russian Museum of Ethnography which comprises the rich Jewish ethnographic collection of more than 1,000 objects. Behold a rare cultural treasure which consists of written records, postcards and pictures by Jewish artists. The exhibition is dedicated to Ashkenazi Jews mostly, though you will find references to Georgian Jews and Mountain Jews in different sections of the museum.
After that you will visit the YESOD Jewish cultural center which is considered to be the hub of the Jewish community in Saint Petersburg. It is a venue wherepopular Jewish and Israeli cultural events, such as music and dance performances, art exhibitions and lectures are held.
You will finish your tour at a location of your choosing.
NOTE:Upon your wish you are free to attend the Jewish music concert for an extra charge (a private concert costs 400$ per group, a public scheduled concert is priced15$ per person). If you would like this service, you need to contact the supplier to confirm the concert availability for the requested date.
Inclusions for Jewish Heritage Private Tour Including Grand Choral Synagogue And Ethnography Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide and driver
- Entrance feeto Grand Choral Synagogue, YESOD cultural center, and Russian Museum of Ethnography
Exclusions for Jewish Heritage Private Tour Including Grand Choral Synagogue And Ethnography Museum
- Lunch atthe 'Lehaim' kosher restaurant (please inform us in advance if youwishto have lunch here)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.