The Jewish Bratislava tour starts from your hotel, if it is located in the Bratislava's Old Town district, or from historical building of Slovak National Theater at Hviezdoslav square in the city center. Our experienced guide will show you around the city, where were the former mosque, jewish cemetery of Chatam Sofer that is hidden under the ground, jewish cemetery at Ziskova street. You will see location where jewish baths were and also the jewish university - yeshiva. Along the way you will explore many locations and streets where jewish community and culture was intertwined with traditional Slovak culture. The tour ends in the city center where you can visit local tourist shops for souvenirs or enjoy good cofee with cake.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 3 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Historical building of Slovak National Theater
OverviewJewish People were a big community in Bratislava within living memory, their number was increasing, as in all of the former Austro-Hungarian empire, due to a favorable policy of Maria Theresa and her son Joseph II. Bratislava prospered from commerce and was an important center of Jewish education, known across the world thanks to the Chatam Sofer. We will guide you through the places, where a half century before the Jewish houses and streets existed, and synagogues, even a Jewish yeshiva, which is today active in Jerusalem under the name of the Pressburger yeshiva. You have to Visit the Mausoleum of Chatam Sofer- Moshe Schreiber miraculously saved the Jewish cemetery near to the Tunnel under the castle, the museum of Jewish culture, synagogue, Monument to the holocaust and the rest of the former Jewish district Vydrice with Jewish cemetary.
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.