Jewish MelbourneWrite a Review
OverviewLearn about the Jewish association with Melbourne as you start with exploring Jewish Museum of Australia. After you take a thorough tour of Jewish Museum, you will head for a tour of one of Melbourne's synagogues. Travel to Carlisle Station and get a tour of shops, delis and other Jewish businesses and schools in the area. If time permits, you can also move on to visit the Holocaust Museum.
- Learn about the Jewish history and their relation to Melbourne.
- Learn about their lifestyle and delve deep into the Jewish history.
- Get to know about the horrific past as you visit the Holocaust museum.
Know More about this tour
HALF DAY TOUR OF JEWISH Melbourne
This introductory tour to Jewish Melbourne highlights the Jewish community past and present and gives an insight into Melbourne's thriving Jewish culture
Pick up at your hotel and travel on one of Melbourne's famous trams to the main Jewish area of Melbourne, about 10 kms from the city centre . On the way your guide will discuss some of the history of Melbourne and the crucial role that Jews played in its development.
We will see Melbourne's grandest synagogue, the Melbourne Hebrew Congregation and may have a chance for a peek inside this iconic historic building.
We will stop at the Jewish Museum of Australia with its wonderful collection and the world's largest exhibition on Australian Jewry. If time allows we will also visit the heritage listed St Kilda Hebrew congregation.
After visiting the Museum we will travel to Carlisle St, the thriving shopping district with its many Jewish bakeries, delis, butchers and bookshops.
Inclusions for Jewish Melbourne
- Museum entrances
- Tea, coffee or soft drink
Exclusions for Jewish Melbourne
A private car and driver can be arranged for larger numbers
$90 per hr. for a minivan (up to 5 people) More for a larger van
Taxis can also be used if required
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.