Jewish Synagogue Heritage Tour From IzmirWrite a Review
A guided cultural and theme tour of Jewish heritages day tour of Kadifekale Castle, Asansor, Beth Israel Synagogue, Dario Moreno Street, House-Havra Street.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tour
In the Full Day Jewish Heritage Tour in Izmir, we will drive to Izmir city center. Our first stop is above the city at Mt. Pagus is the most enduring of Alexander’s legacies, the Kadifekale Castle, built in the 4th century BCE. From Kadifekale there is excellent view across the harbour to Karsiyaka.
We will drive to Jews District in Izmir and Visit the one of the Jews Synagogues of Izmir, Then we drive to Asansor. The historical asansor(elevator) running to Asansor the Street of Dario Moreno, are places well worth visiting in the city. Dario Moreno was a Turkish polyglot singer of Jewish origin, as well as an accomplished composer, lyricist and guitarist, who was born in Turkey, and who attained fame and made a remarkable career centered in France which also included films, during the 1950s and the 1960s. Asansor built in 1907 by Nesim Levi. He is the Grand –grand father of Marc Levy, who is a world renowned french writer. Before its construction, a stair- way with 155 steps was used to climb to the Halit Pasha district 50 meter above with aid of the two elevators in the tower, the two district were joined.
After visiting to Asansor and Dario Moreno Street, We will visit the Beth Israel Synagogue. It was built after an order written by Sultan Abdulhamit II to the Governor Of Izmir, former Grand Vezier Kamil Pasha, in order to facilitate the religious chores of the Jews living at the neighborhood of Karatas. This Synagogue is largest one at Izmir. Today, our jewish citizens hold their wedding ceremonies in this synagogue. The construction of the synagogue was started in 1905, and it was put into service in 1907. After that we will drive to Kemeralti, Izmir’s one of the best known shopping centers is the historical Kemeralti Bazaar, Havra Street is an important street the historical Kemeralti Bazaar.Havra Streets get its name from Many Synagogues (havra) built on it. Today this region hosts 9 synagogues (Signora Giveret Synagogue, Shaar Ashamayan Synagogue, Berkholim Synagogue, Algazi Synagogue, Aydınlı Shalom Synagogue, Bilkour Holim Synagogue, Rosh-Ha-Ar Synagogue, Hevra Synagogue, Shaar Ha Shamaim Synagogue ), of which 4 are currently in use.
Inclusions for Jewish Synagogue Heritage Tour From Izmir
- Transportation by AC Deluxe van
- Guiding services
- Parking fees
- Entrance fees to museums and sites
Exclusions for Jewish Synagogue Heritage Tour From Izmir
- Gratiuties to tour guides and drivers
- Beverages and personal expenditures
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Special permission needed to visit Synagogues. Please send copy of your passports a week before the tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.