Jewish Tour And Athens Sightseeing In 6 Hours
OverviewThe 6 hours Jewish tour in Athens is a unique private tour, specifically designed for Jewish people visiting Athens, or for those interested in this intriguing part of the city. Our Jewish tours in Athens offer an excellent chance to combine Ancient Greek with Jewish culture in just a few hours. Highlights of the half-day Jewish tour in Athens Visit the old and new Synagogue of Athens The Jewish museum of Athens Visit the Acropolis and Parthenon Enjoy a city tour in Athens with a professional English-speaking driver The Jewish tour is also available as a shore excursion from your cruise ship at the Port of Piraeus (Athens) Opening hours:Synagogue of Athens: Monday to Friday 08:30 AM 01:30 PMThe Jewish museum: Monday to Friday 09:00 AM 02:30 PM & Sunday 10:00 AM 02:00PM
Know More about this tour
Description of the half-day private Jewish tour in Athens
Athens Holocaust Memorial
The private tour starts in the morning.
Your driver will pick you up from your hotel or cruise ship and will drive you to the heart of Athens, where you can see the Old synagogue of Athens built in 1904.
You will also visit the New Synagogue built in 1935, as well as the memorial of the holocaust. Close to it you can see the Ancient cemetery of Keramikos from 8th century BC.
After the visit to the Synagogue, you will head towards Plaka, one of the most beautiful parts of the city, with lovely little houses and shops.
Jewish museum of Greece in Athens
You will also get to see the new Jewish Museum, which is considered one of the most important Jewish museums in Europe, due to its architecture but also due to the items commemorating the Holocaust, and the interesting collection of Hebrew books and artifacts (website of the Jewish museum of Greece).
After Plaka, the private tour will take you to the Acropolis, which is considered the trademark of the city. Passing by the gates of the Holy Rock of Athens you will see the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the temple of Erechtheion with the Maidens, and of course the highlight of the tour, the Parthenon, which is the perfect example of classic architecture.
Later on, the private tour will continue to the center of the city, taking you to the central Syntagma square, where you can see the Parliament of Greece (ex Royal Palace), the National Gardens, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
The private Jewish tour in Athens runs every day, however, you should note that the Jewish Museum is closed on Saturdays and the Synagogue holds the Sabbath services. On Sundays the New Synagogue is closed, and the old Synagogue is closed both on Saturdays and Sundays.
What is included in our Jewish tours in Athens
- Pick-up service from your hotel or cruise ship
- An English-speaking driver with a solid knowledge of history and culture of Greece
- Toll road fees, fuel charges and all taxes
What is not included in our Jewish tours in Athens
- Entrance fees to archaeological sites and museums
- Meals & drinks
- The Synagogues do not have entrance fees, but you will be asked to make a donation.
- An official licensed tour guide
Inclusions for Jewish Tour And Athens Sightseeing In 6 Hours
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Professional driver with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle appropriate for the size of your group
- Pick-up from the cruise ship pier at Port of Piraeus Road tolls and local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Jewish Tour And Athens Sightseeing In 6 Hours
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities.
- Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Underground Athens by Athens Underground: Sections Through Soil and History plus Kerameikos
- Small-Group Cultural Nemea Day Trip including Lunch and Wine Tasting
- Electric Bike Parnitha Mtn Tour - Athens National Park
- Self Guided Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City
- Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City
- Shop til you Drop in Athens!
- Out of The Ordinary Mycenae and Nafplio Day Trip with Visit to Craftsmen
- Sunset RIB Boat Tour of Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon from Athens