Johann Sebastian Bach - Brandeburg Concerto No 2 - Rome
OverviewPROGRAM Johann Sebastian Bach Brandeburg Concerto No. 2 in F major, BWV 1047 Johann Sebastian Bach Concerto for Oboe and Violin in D minor Antonio Vivaldi Concerto in D major Il Gardellino Johann Sebastian Bach Air on the G string
Know More about this tour
Johann Sebastian Bach Brandeburg Concerto No. 2
Johann Sebastian Bachs six Brandenburg concerti are heralded as some of the greatest works of the Baroque era, and are often performed today.
Bach compiled these previously composed six works during his tenure as
Kapellmeister (music director) in Cöthen, in honor of the Margrave of Brandenburg, Christian Ludwig.
The Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 may have been one of the last to be written, and it certainly seems like a special-occasion piece.
Concerto for Oboe and Violin in D minor: Though the manuscript to this concerto was lost, a reconstruction of it was made possible because, in 1736, Bach had arranged it as the Concerto for two harpsichords and orchestra in C minor (BWV 1060), a work whose score survived and served as a model for the original.
Concerto in D major Il Gardellino: The work, with its gentle themes for the flute soloist and bucolic harmonies for the string ripieno, lives up to its name. The opening Allegro is as light and evanescent as the opening of "Spring" from the Four Seasons.
Air on the G string: In the late 19th century violinist August Wilhelmj arranged the second movement of Bach's third Orchestral Suite for violin and an accompaniment of strings, piano or organ (harmonium). On the score he had "auf der G-Saite" (on the G string) printed above the stave for the solo violin, which gave the arrangement its nickname.
Inclusions for Johann Sebastian Bach - Brandeburg Concerto No 2
- Food tasting
- Live entertainment
Exclusions for Johann Sebastian Bach - Brandeburg Concerto No 2
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Your tickets will be held at the theater box office for collection on the day of the performance
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome