Johannesburg, Soweto And Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour
OverviewThis tour is the perfect tour for those who would like to know about the City of Gold in day. Discover the hidden history of Soweto where the famous world Icon Nelson Mandela hails from plus a Vast rich black township of Soweto where the whole of South Africa traces its history from. Apartheid Museum caps it all with its all the history of apartheid tucked in the Apartheid Museum.
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourDepart from your hotel location in Johannesburg for this historical tour, which features Johannesburg, Soweto and Apartheid Museum all in one day.
Sail through Johannesburg suburbs, meandering through different roads all built in the apartheid era with a glimpse of South Africa traffic on the motorway past Johannesburg City where you will get to see the tall buildings of Johannesburg city famously known as City of Gold. As you continue to your destination, you get to pass through a few mines that show evidence of Johannesburg being a City of Gold. As you approach Soweto township, you get a different feeling due to the a different City Plan, and yes you will have arrived in South West Town A.K.A Soweto.
You'll then dig into the two museums, namely Hector Peterson famous for its 1976 youth uprising, which shook the then Apartheid government to its core. You'll also get to see Mandela house, which has been also turned into a museum and after you head to Apartheid Museum to know actually what was happening during apartheid. Wind downthe tour by passing through Nelson Mandela bridge constructed in honour of the late Icon.
Conclude your tour and go back toyour hotel.
Inclusions for Johannesburg, Soweto And Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Johannesburg, Soweto And Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic condition
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.