Johnston Canyon Icewalk - Banff
OverviewJoin this small-group Banff guided tour and hike on steel walkways which have been built into the canyon walls. Travel through prime wildlife habitat and learn how Johnston Canyon was formed. You'll be led past lower falls and end up at breathtaking upper icefalls.
Know More about this tour
Hike on steel walkways built into the canyon walls and get an airy view of the canyon below. Travel through breathtaking scenery and nature on your way to the trail head and learn about the history and geology of Johnston Canyon.
This popular walk will lead you past the lower falls and to the breathtaking upper icefalls.
What to expect:
- Walking Time: 2 - 2.5 hours
- Return Distance: 3.4 miles (5.4 kilometers)
- Elevation Gain: 443 feet (135 meters)
Inclusions for Johnston Canyon Icewalk
- Professional guide
- Ice cleats
- Hiking pole
- Hot chocolate and a light snack
Exclusions for Johnston Canyon Icewalk
- Optional gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Guests should dress in ski wear for this trip including hats, mittens, and warm boots
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.