Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon Day Tour From ReykjavikWrite a Review
With its enormous, ancient icebergs, the Jkulsrln Glacial Lagoon is a natural wonder of Iceland and a sight you absolutely cannot miss. The lagoon produces a feeling of incredible tranquility as the 1000-1500 year-old ice that has broken away from Vatnajokull Glacier silently drifts into the lake and slowly melts away. As you take a walk along the shore, you may recognize the lagoon from scenes out of famous movies such as Batman Begins, Tomb Raider, and two James Bond movies that were filmed here. This 14-hour, guided tour is shared with a maximum of 150 passengers traveling by bus, including a 30-minute boat ride.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
After being picked up from your centrally-located Reykjavik hotel at 7am or the BSI Bus Terminal at 7:30am, enjoy the scenic route from Reykjavik along the south coast of Iceland to the magnificent Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon. En route to the lagoon with your guide, you will see some of Iceland's most magnificent scenery, including the tallest mountain in Iceland, Hvannadalshnjukur, and the sprawling black sand desert between Skaftafell National Park and the lagoon itself.
Along the way stop at the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss Waterfall where you can walk behind it and through to the other side. Standing behind the waterfall makes for an excellent photo opportunity. Also stop at the majestic and much-photographed Skogafoss Waterfall, with its impressive 60 meter drop (196 feet).
Upon arrival at the glacier lagoon, you will have the opportunity to take a walk along the lagoon edge and admire the unique scenery. The lagoon produces a feeling of incredible tranquility as the 1000-1500 year-old ice that has broken away from Vatnajokull Glacier silently drifts into the lake and slowly melts away. The lagoon covers 18 square kilometers (7 square miles) and reaches more than 248 meters (814 feet) at its deepest point. Many famous movies have filmed scenes here, and you may recognize the backdrop from movies such as Batman Begins, Tomb Raider, and two James Bond movies that were filmed here. Also included is a 30-minute boat ride.
There will also be a couple of rest stops where you will be able to use the restrooms and purchase food and drinks. The tour ends back at your pickup point around 9pm.
Inclusions for Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon Day Tour From Reykjavik
- Transportation by bus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided tour in either English, French, or German (depending on option selected)
- Approximately 30 minute boat tour
Exclusions for Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon Day Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We recommend warm layers including hat and gloves and rain gear
Pickups cannot be made from Airbnbs
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.