Joya De Ceren And El Boqueron National Park Tour From San Salvador
OverviewA volcano, ash-covered ruins, and tree-flanked trails await on this 4-hour San Salvador tour to El Boquern National Park and the Joya de Cern. Discover the San Salvador's rock star volcano, affectionately known as Big Mouth, on a hike on the forested trails of El Boquern National Park with your guide. Follow that up with a visit to the archaeological ruins of Joya de Cern, a UNESCO World Heritage site, to learn what life was like in the 6th century.
Know More about this tour
In the morning, you'll be picked up from your a 15-mile (25-kilometer) drive to the imposing Boqueron (Big Mouth in Spanish) volcano. The volcanos crater was formed approximately 800 years ago in a violent explosion. It boasts a height of 6,210 feet (1,893 meters) above sea level and beautiful views out over the landscape below.
Enjoy a short hike through the natural, forested trails of the El Boquern National Park with your guide. The park sits on top of the San Salvador volcano and is home to a spectacular range of animal and plant life. Armadillos, deer and raccoons roam freely, and flowers such as hydrangeas, begonias and wild sultanas thrive.
Take in panoramic views of the Black Lake, a sea of molten lava which gushed forth from the volcanos belly and turned, as it cooled, to volcanic rock. Capture the spectacular scenery of camera before heading back to your vehicle to continue your tour.
Next, visit Joya de Cern, an archaeological site near San Salvador. In the 6th century, Joya de Cern was an agricultural community living and working off the land. That all changed when the nearby Loma Caldera volcano erupted, billowing layers of hot ash down on the land below. The inhabitants had time to flee, but the settlement of Joya de Cern was locked in time by the thick layers of ash.
Today, Joya de Cern is a UNESCO World Heritage site and offers a fascinating glimpse into the pre-Hispanic civilization's storehouses, homes and workshops with your guide, and learn of the insights theyve given archaeologists since their discovery.
After four hours discovering the El Boquern National Park and Joya de Cern, travel back to your San Salvador hotel where your tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Joya De Ceren And El Boqueron National Park Tour From San Salvador
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Joya De Ceren And El Boqueron National Park Tour From San Salvador
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- San Salvador Historic Bike Tour
- 3-Day Adventure Trip in San Salvador
- 3-Day Archeological Tour from San Salvador
- Full Day Tour: Coffee Manufacturer and Thermal Water of San Salvador
- Botanical Gardens La Laguna and Boqueron National Park
- Mayan Ruins at Joya de Ceren and Cerro Verde National Park
- Joya de Cern, San Andrs and Tazumal Pyramid Archaelogical Tour from San Salvador
- Full Day Tour to Cihuatan, La Palma and Suchitoto Towns from San Salvador