Juan Venado Island Nature Reserve - León
OverviewBelonging to Len and located between Las Peitas Beach and Salinas Grandes community, Juan Venado Island Natural Reserve is 22 km long and 1500 mt wide in its widest part.Since 1983 the Island is one of the 76 national areas protected by the state of Nicaragua for its biodiversity.Its characteristic mangrove forest is home to miles of migratory birds, of several species of reptiles, among which crocodiles, and of a large number of small mammals. From august to December you can seen Paslama turtles laying eggs, which is a species actually declared in danger of extinction.WHY TRAVELLING WITH EL PEREZOSO?In order to organize the trip in the Reserve we work with Ulises Zamora, a well-known fisherman belonging to Salinas Grandes community and recognized by the Tourism Institute as a professional guide.
Know More about this tourDeparture from Leon city at 8:00 AM, arriving to Juan Venado Island reserve entrance by Las Peitas beach at 8:30 AM. You will visit the mangroves area by motor boat with a local guide who will show you the local flora and fauna. The tour inside the reserve lasts between 3 or 4 hours, and during sea turtle nesting season you could also visit a sea turtle nursery. In addition to being in touch with nature, you will have the opportunity to take a dip in the ocean during this tour. Return to Leon city at 12:30 PM.
Use sunscreen and repellent. Bring a cap or hat, and extra clothes. Dont forget your swimsuit.
Inclusions for Juan Venado Island Nature Reserve
- Entrance fee to the reserve
- Pick up/Drop off in Leon city.
- Life jacket.
- Travel insurance by INISER.
Exclusions for Juan Venado Island Nature Reserve
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
inish time of this tour back in Leon: 1:00 pm.
Tour offered in English, Spanish and Italian.
Length of this tour: 4-5 hours.
Minimum age for participation: 10 years old.
Minimum number of participants: 2 people.
Minimum anticipation days to reserve this tour: 1 days.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.