Jungle Waterfalls Adventure From San IgnacioWrite a Review
OverviewLocated one hour south of San Ignacio, in the foothills of the Maya Mountains. Secretly tucked by the rain forest lay three beautiful waterfalls and natural swimming holes. A relaxed journey on the Macal River will provide the opportunity to learn about the vast flora and fauna, swim and be inspired by these beautiful surroundings. Wildlife abounds here and occasional encounters with rare wildlife can be anticipated. After a day of swimming, hiking and exploring, your transport will be waiting at the river banks to take you back to the hotel.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour day begins with an 8:30am pickup from your hotel in San Ignacio. Greet your private guide and climb aboard the air-conditioned vehicle for the 1-hour drive south to the Maya Mountains and the Upper Macal River Valley.
Upon arrival at the pristine jungle, embark upon a 30-minute hike along trails leading to the banks of the Macal River lagoon. A relaxed journey on board the boat La Capitana offers the opportunity to see forest-covered banks, waterfalls, and natural swimming holes. The voyage is approximately a 6-mile journey, and you have the chance to swim and soak up the scenery. You are also likely to spot such wildlife as the sleepy giant tapir, river otters, monkeys, and toucans.
When you reach Rio Frio waterfall, take a break for lunch (including) and swimming.
Next, after a visit to the Twin Falls, visit the unnamed waterfall, which is always changing its shape and formation. The high levels of calcium deposits crystallize fallen leaves and twigs along with plants that grow in the path of the constantly falling water. The surface of the waterfall is smooth enough to walk on comfortably and safely without shoes. Feel the cool waters and sand beneath your feet as you climb from one miniature waterfall to the next, each different from each other but beautiful in their own way.
Before concluding your day's adventure, embark upon another 10-minute hike through lush vegetation to a sandy beach welcoming you to the Privasion Creek. During your hike you will hear the sound of the rushing water as it empties into the lagoon below.
After a day of swimming, hiking and exploring, your are dropped off back at your hotel at around 6pm.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Jungle Waterfalls Adventure From San Ignacio
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Light refreshments
- Bottled water
- All equipment
Exclusions for Jungle Waterfalls Adventure From San Ignacio
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A minimum of two people per booking is required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Vegetarian meal option available
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately and bring swimwear
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Minimum age is 5 years
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Kayaking At Mopan River From San Ignacio
- Sunset Horseback Ride
- Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve From San Ignacio
- Half-Day Trip To Xunantunich Maya Archaeological From San Ignacio
- Lamanai Day Trip From San Ignacio
- Belize River Canoeing From San Ignacio
- Belize Cave Tubing Adventure From San Ignacio
- Caracol Day Trip From San Ignacio
- Tikal Maya Ruins
- Horseback Riding Tour To Che Chem Ha Cave