Joel Barlow named the estate he purchased in 1807 Kalorama for the expansive views to be had from its place overlooking todays Rock Creek Park. No more exquisitely beautiful enclave exists in Americas capital. Kalorama has always been a prime residential area, its glory the urban mansions located on the high ground between Massachusetts and Connecticut Avenues. Well start by ascending the Spanish Steps to reach the heights where Washingtons diplomatic community is evident everywhere you look, many of the original single family homes now occupied by ambassadors or embassy offices. Former police and fire call boxes punctuate the neighborhood as imaginative works of public art as does a brightly colored panda. See if you can identify the oldest house in the District and discover the Woodrow Wilson House. Wilson was the only U.S. president to retire in D.C. and chose Kalorama as his place of residence. In January 2017, however, another former U.S. president followed suit: Barack Obama and his family moved from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue to a Kalorama home overlooking Rock Creek Park.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Embarks from the corner of 22nd Street and Decatur Place, NW by the old police and fire call boxes.
OverviewJoin Washington Walks for this two-hour walking tour of Washington, D.C.'s Kalorama neighborhood. See the Spanish Steps, the home of a former U.S. president, and the buildings that serve as hubs of Washington's diplomatic community.
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.