OverviewEnjoy a two and a half hour walking food tour in Kamakura, one of the most ancient cities, also referred to as the Eastern Kyoto of Japan. Sample Kamamura’s local food and snacks at the many shops along Main street, enjoy a scrumptious traditional lunch and end the afternoon with dessert and tea in the shadow of Hachimangu Temple, the most blessed Shinto shrine in Kamakura!
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet your local guide at 10:30am outside the Kamakura station.
Start the tour by walking toward Danzakura, a long pathway between the Nino torii gate and the San'no torii gate. Listen as your guide explains how a torii gate is an important part of Japanese culture and the Shinto religion as it marks the entrance to a Shinto shrine and also the division between the physical and spiritual worlds.
Danzakura is a raised path lined with cherry trees and looks particularly splendid in the spring when everything begins to bloom. Along the path, there are many famous restaurants and food shops where you can make a stop. Your first stop is a local store that specializes in side dishes and pickles. Take advantage of the free samples offered in most stores.
After sampling some food, walk toward Sanno tori gate, the spiritual entrance to Tsurugaoka Hachimangu, the most important Shinto shrine in the city of Kamakura. The shrine is at the geographical and cultural center of the city of Kamakura.
Upon arrival, sit down for a meticulously arranged traditional Japanese lunch. Your guide further enlighten you on the rich tradition and history behind some of the most local Japanese cuisines as well as etiquette of eating them.
The next stop is Komachi Dori a street lined with over 250 restaurants, boutiques, fancy cafes, Japanese-style sweet cafes, and stores unique to the ancient city. Sample some local snacks in this very busy street. Finish the tour with an Japanese dessert served with green tea in a beautiful, ancient Japanese garden house.
Your tour concludes back at Kamakura Station.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
Inclusions for Kamakura Walking Food Tour
- Local food guide
- Traditional Japanese lunch
- Food samples from various locations
- Tea and dessert at the Hachimangu Temple garden
Exclusions for Kamakura Walking Food Tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of two people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.