Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek - Kathmandu
OverviewHIGHLIGHTS Explore two base camps in Kanchenjunga: Makalu and Everest Trek to Pangpema base camp at 5100m Discover different local ethnic communities such as Rai and Limbu Immerse yourself in the rich flora and fauna of the region Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek is a remote mountain trail ideal for trekkers who enjoy the solitude. The trek heads through diverse land topography, forests and villages. Youll see central, south and north Kanchenjunga, as well as Yalung Kang, Mt. Jannu, Makalu, Lhotse and Mt. Everest on the way to Sele-la Pass. Keep your eyes open and you might see snow leopards, mask deer and several species of birds, along with the countrys most pristine oak and rhododendron forests.After trekking through the forested area, the trail winds into higher and harsher terrain. Cross the Mirgin-La pass at 4725 meters and enjoy the views of Makalu, Chamlang and Everest.
Know More about this tourITINERARY
Day 1: Fly from Kathmandu to Suketar (2,420m), trek to Lalikha
From Kathmandu, we board an early morning flight to Suketar which is located in the eastern region of Nepal.
Day 2: Lalikharka to Khesewa (2120m/6,955ft)
It is mostly an easy descent until Phundrawa.
Day 3: Kheswa to Mamankhe (1785m/5,856ft)
After breakfast we begin our trek towards the Kabeli Khola. Next, we walk on a trail that passes through forests before crossing a small stream.
Day 4: Mamankhe to Yamphudin (2080m/6824ft)
Todays trek will be mostly uphill on an easy trail whereby we mostly walk alongside the Kabeli Khola.
Day 5: Yamphudin to Tortong (2,995m/9,826ft)
We begin our walk on a path commonly used by the villagers and pass through terraced farms and green meadows.
Day 6: Tortong to Cheram (3,870m/12,696ft)
We begin our steady climb to Cheram after breakfast. Our trail is right at the side of the Simbuwa Khola.
Day 7: Cheram: Acclimatization and rest
We spend a day in Cheram which will help us acclimatize to the high altitude.
Day 8: Cheram to Ramche (Ramche) (4,580m/15,026ft)
we ascend for sometime before reaching the snout of the Yalung Glacier.
Day 9: Ramche to Yalung Base Camp (4500m)
We then follow a stream before climbing on the moraine top until confronted by Kanchenjungas southern face.
Day 10: Cheram to Sele La (4290m/ 14,074ft)
We cross four passes today beginning with Sinelapche Bhanjyang.
Day 11: Sele La to Ghunsa (3,595/11,794)
Day 12: Ghunsa to Kambachen (4,050m/13,287ft)
we trek further north along the river bank which presents us with magnificent mountain scenery.
Day 13: Kambachen to Lhonak (4,780m/15,682ft)
Today will be another challenging day and an early start is needed.
Day 14: Kanchenjunga base camp, overnight at Pang Pema (5,143m)
The Kanchenjunga Base Camp. Our trail is alongside the gigantic Kanchenjunga Glacier.
Day 15: Pangpema to Lhonak we trace back our steps to Lhonak.
Day 16: Lhonak to Ghunsa (3475m/11,400ft)
Day 17: Ghunsa to Amjilosa (2,308m/7,572ft)
Day 18: Amjilosa to Chirwa (1,270m/4,166ft)
Day 19: Chirwa to Phurumbu (1,549/5,082ft)
Day 20: Thurumbu to Suketar
Day 21: Fly to back Kathmandu
Inclusions for Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
- Airport/ hotel pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- Hotels in Kathmandu, inclusive of breakfast
- Meals during the trek
- Government licensed, experienced English speaking guide
- One porter per two people
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- All government taxes
- One trekking map per person
- Kanchenjunga permit and conservation fee
- Surface transportation
- First aid kit
- Domestic flight tickets KTMBDR/Suketar
Exclusions for Kanchenjunga Circuit Trek
- International airfare, Nepal visa fees (two passport photographs ), travel and medical insurance, emergency evacuation)
- Personal nature expenses (bars and beverage bills, dessert, hot shower, drinking water, telephone, internet, laundry, titbits etc.)
- Costs arising from natural calamities, mishaps or anything beyond our control (Costs are not refundable and transferable in any mean if you leave the trek voluntarily and want to return from the trek)
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu (also in the case of early returns and late departures)
- Services not mentioned in 'Services Includes' section (Please ask us if you are confused about any services)
- Porter is available at an extra cost
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Mount Adventure Holidays
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ghorepani poon hill trek
- Mera Peak Climbing
- Langtang Region Panoramic Heli Tour
- Full Day Bhaktapur Changunarayan And Nagarkot Tour in Nepal
- Full Day Private Cultural and Historical Tour in Kathmandu Valley
- Kathmandu Shivapuri National Park and Nagarkot Hiking - 3 Days
- Bhaktapur and Kathmandu Cultural Tour
- Everest Circuit Trek