Karura Forest Tour Experience Inclusive Of Trail Biking From NairobiWrite a Review
Get ready for an eco-friendly tour to Karura Forest, in the outskirts of Nairobi. This upland remarkable location is a major example, among the whole world in a form of social responsibility, secure and protected country's natural resources. It will be your wonderful experience in the serenity of nature away from the stress of the city life. You can simply walk, sit quietly, go for trail biking and explore the wonders of nature during this visit of vast and vibrant green beauty. The tour takes 4 hours
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Instant Confirmation
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Nairobi is fondly known as ‘The Green City In The Sun’ and when you’ve been to Karura Forest it is very hard to disagree with this. Karura Forest is conveniently located within city limits and is a ten-minute drive from the city center. The Forest is the perfect place to get your muscles moving and blood pumping. It is a popular site for walking, cycling, jogging or simply sitting quietly with a book or picnic.
There are enough walking trails with superb sceneries to marvel at. The trails vary from fifteen kilometers, ten kilometers and five kilometers. The Forest also has a biking trail that is 12 kilometers long. The biking trails and walking trails lead you through green forest areas, waterfalls, caves and streams. The trails are clearly marked and color-coded by length.
There are numerous picnic benches within the park where you can sit down and cool off. Also within the reserve are many areas of interest, both historical and ecological. The Central Bank once maintained an incinerator on the property to destroy decommissioned currency during the 1990s, and you can still see the old chimney. The Mau-Mau freedom fighters used the sacred caves on the reserve as hideouts, and Lily Lake is the site of an abandoned quarry.
The reserve is also home to a few archaeological sites, some of which were recently excavated and the findings still being examined. Among these sites, you find a wonderful ecosystem with a variety of bio-net work, flora and fauna, such as a 50-foot waterfall, patches of bamboo, groves of indigenous trees and marshlands inhabited by resident and migratory avi-fauna, such as silvery-cheeked hornbill, ayres hawk-eagle, crested crane, African crowned eagle and many more! Mammals in the reserve include duikers, bushbuck, porcupines, bush pig, genet cat, bush baby, civet baby, honey badger, bush baby and many others.
You may also spot some of the resident reptiles, such as python, green snakes, monitor lizard and butterflies, such as Desmond’s green banded swallowtail and African Queen.All in all, Karura Forest is a gem and definitely a great place to unwind and come closer to nature. After this tour return to the starting point where you will be driven back to your hotel. You can opt for Lunch en-route to your hotel (at an extra charge).
Inclusions for Karura Forest Tour Experience Inclusive Of Trail Biking From Nairobi
- Pick up and drop off at your Nairobi City hotel/Airport
- Transportation with services of a professional English speaking driver guide
- All entry fees included in the itinerary (fees are subject to change)
- 2 Hour independent Bike Ride and tracks are well marked
- Nature trail walk
- 1 litre bottled water
Exclusions for Karura Forest Tour Experience Inclusive Of Trail Biking From Nairobi
- Personal Insurance and baggage insurance
- All drinks & Meals unless otherwise stated
- All tips and porterage
- Personal expenses unless otherwise stated
- Any other services not mentioned above
- Any optional or additional activities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Other languages on request
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.