After dyeing a silk wrapping cloth (38cm x 38cm) using the Kasamaki shibori method and Nuishime shibori method, you will end up with a beautiful silk wrapping cloth that will serve as a great memento of your trip to Kyoto. Classes are usually held individually and will take about 60 minutes to 90 minutes.
- Choose your favorite design and color.
- Listen to the explanation of Kasamaki Shibori.
- Employ the Kasamaki shibori (winding technique) on your fabric.
- Listen to the explanation of Nuishime Shibori.
- Employ the Nuishime Shibori (stitching technique) on your fabric.
- Go to the dye studio and dye your fabric (approximately 5 minutes).
- Rinse your fabric.
- Go to the exhibition floor and watch a DVD and learn more about shibori and see the shibori exhibition until your fabric gets dried (approximately 30 minutes).
- Go back to the class room.
- Untie and cut the threads.
- Open your fabric and see the results.