Kasteelpoort Route: Table Mountain Hike From Cape TownWrite a Review
From USD 163.31
OverviewHike Table Mountain via the Kasteelpoort route to the Cableway is one of the best ways to see many different sides of the mountain in one hike. It offers city, ocean, and the backside of the mountain views, and offers you interesting pathways as you hike along.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourPick up from your hotel within the city centre or close surrounds.This all encompassing 5-hour route of Table Mountain starts on the jeep track from the stunning Camps Bay or Atlantic Ocean side of the mountain. It connects to the historical Pipe Track and heads up Kasteelpoort which is a steady climb up a beautiful, open ravine. Halfway up, visit âbreakfast rockâ which is a great photo spot with views of Lions Head and the Atlantic Ocean. Once at the top of Kasteelpoort, take a moment to check out the remnants of the Old Cableway. Here there is an opportunity for the brave to go out onto âdiving board rockâ for the amazing picture to show others back home.
From the Old Cableway, the path heads up part of the Valley of the Red Gods and into the Valley of Isolation which has interesting rock formations creating a bowl-like valley. Then, it descends into Echo Valley and up the backside of Table Mountain up 3 ladders. Here, the views overlooking the city below are not to be missed. Once at the top, the descent is via the Cableway weather permitting.
Inclusions for Kasteelpoort Route: Table Mountain Hike From Cape Town
Pick up and drop off within the city centre and close surroundings.
Exclusions for Kasteelpoort Route: Table Mountain Hike From Cape Town
Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.