Katakolon Shore Excursion: Private Greek Cooking Class
OverviewLeave the Port of Katakolon and swap cruise-ship food for traditional Greek cuisine on a 5-hour private cooking class! Under the watchful eye of a local host, help prepare a typical Greek feast, featuring classic dishes like meatballs, moussaka, souvlaki and more. Learn about the renowned Mediterranean diet, and then eat the creations with wine at the end of the class.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourMeet your host near the Port of Katakolon, and then travel by luxury minibus to a traditional Greek tavern for your 5-hour cooking class. Aprons and cooking utensils are provided, so all thats required is an interest in Greek food!
Then, enjoy one-on-one attention from your private host and learn all about classic Greek dishes. While many countries in the Mediterranean region take pride in their cuisine, Greece is passionate about it, and recipes are often handed down from generation to generation.
Learn how to cook classic Greek staples, like meatballs, spinach pie, souvlaki (skewered meat, fish or vegetables) and, of course, moussaka a rich layered creation made with eggplant, lamb and bchamel. See how to wrap vine leaves around rice to make dolma, and try making stuffed vegetables, baked in a traditional wood-fired oven.
Toward the end of your session, sit down with your host and group to eat your creations! Dishes are paired with local wine, and you can also enjoy some home-baked bread, too. As you eat, chat about the Mediterranean diet, hearing about its health benefits and links to longevity. Before returning to the port by minibus, your host will give you a recipe card so you can recreate the food at home to impress family and friends!
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Katakolon for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Katakolon Shore Excursion: Private Greek Cooking Class
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Cooking class
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- 1 Glass of wine
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Katakolon Shore Excursion: Private Greek Cooking Class
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.