Kathmandu City Tour - Incredible 5 World Heritage Sites Day Tour in Kathmandu Nepal,Sometimes you just dont have a lot of time. Youre trying to get to your trek or on to Pokhara and you can only spend just one day sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley. There are five UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the Kathmandu, and usually most companies just offer only three or four in a day. So which ones do you pick to see?
Kathmandu City Tour - Incredible 5 World Heritage Sites Day Tour in Kathmandu .The trip begins at 9 am when your private car picks you up at your hotel and begins the journey to the five UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Included in the tour are:
- Kathmandu Durbar Square Home to nearly 60 temples, the famed Royal Kumari or Living Goddess as well as the old Royal Palace which was home of the kings of Nepal for centuries.
- Patan Durbar Square Once its own kingdom, it features amazing temples and architecture dating over many centuries. Patan was known as the City of Arts and when you see the stone and wood carvings, you will understand why.
- Swayambhu or Monkey Temple Situated on a high hill overlooking the Kathmandu Valley, this Buddhist Heritage Site dates back over 2000 years. Unique mixture of Hindu and Buddhist temples and stupas.
- Boudhinath The largest stupa in Asia, it is a massive Buddhist shrine. Home to the largest Tibetan refugee community in Nepal, you will see Tibetan Buddhism practiced. Buddhist monastery located nearby.
- Pashupatinath The holiest Hindu sites in all of Nepal (and one of the most holy in all of Hinduism), this place is known for its many temples, cremation ghats and Hindu priests (babas).