In olden times, people simply walked to Lumbini in long pilgrimages. And if you take the local bus to Lumbini, you might wish you had walked. Local buses are annoying. It is an overnight trip. Local buses often have flat tires along the way, making for further delays. It just makes sense to take a private vehicle transfer to a Lumbini or Sunauli border.
Here are some other reasons to consider the Kathmandu to Lumbini transfer:
- Fast service, often saving as much as four hours on your journey.
- Our vehicles are newer and in excellent, roadworthy condition.
- No loud music being played by a bored bus driver for everyone to suffer with.
- Legroom in private vehicle. Locals buses are designed for short Nepalis, not for taller foreigners.
- Stop where you want to. No need to suffer while hoping the bus driver stops to make a bathroom break.
- The door to door service. No need to negotiate local taxis to take you to where you are going.
- Stop at better restaurants along the way, not at places where the driver gets free food and you pay high prices.
- The vehicle goes direct, while local bus stops at every little town to pick up and drop off.
- Not having to deal with people vomiting on a local bus due to motion sickness. Nepalis are very prone to motion sickness.
- Better drivers. On some local buses, drivers are not always licensed (even though they are supposed to be)