Kauai Learn To Surf Lesson
OverviewLooking for something different to do this summer in Kauai? You've always wanted to surf, and now here's your opportunity to learn how with Kauai surfing lessons! What could be better than surfing on Hanalei Bay, with an expert local surfer to teach you the moves with a Kauai surfing lesson.
Know More about this tourFeel like a local when you hit the waves and take part in one of Hawaii's favorite pastimes! Learn to surf, understand the ocean's movements and gain an insight into surfing culture on a fun-filled 2-hour Kauai surfing lesson.
Surf lesson Kauai instruction is conducted in small groups with a maximum of 4 participants, ensuring personal guidance and instruction for all. Soft-top boards are used for beginners for the safest possible learning environment. Your surfing instructor will be a local Hawaiian who has dedicated their life to surfing. As a professional surf instructor, your teacher is highly qualified to instruct you in all aspects of the sport of surfing.
The surf on the North Shore of Kauai is perfect all year long for lessons. In Hawaii every day there are wave reports. From huge waves to flat, 98.50% of the time the waves are perfect for lessons along Hanalei Bay. During a day or two of totally flat or stormy conditions there are other areas close by that you'll be taken to. There is always somewhere to surf in Kauai!
First 30 minutes:
- Learn to watch the ocean and the waves together and talk about ocean safety
- Learn how to paddle and positioning yourself on the board.
- Learn to start reading the waves
Second 30 minutes:
- Lessons begin in the ocean and learn to stand up
- Learn about the world of surfing and some basic rules when surfing
- Time for questions!
The final 30 - 60 minutes:
- Use the board and practice on your own
Inclusions for Kauai Learn To Surf Lesson
- Group lesson with water safety trained instructor
- Use of the top of the line surf boards, leashes and rash vests
Exclusions for Kauai Learn To Surf Lesson
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Itinerary:First 30 minutes:
Study the wave patterns as you discuss ocean safety
Learn how to read the waves
Learn proper board positioning and paddling techniques
Second 30 minutes:
Lie on your board in the ocean and practice paddling in the water
Learn how to stand up
Learn basic surfing rules and etiquette
Ask any questions that come up
First 30 minutes:Study the wave patterns as you discuss ocean safetyLearn how to read the wavesLearn proper board positioning and paddling techniques
Second 30 minutes:Lie on your board in the ocean and practice paddling in the waterLearn how to stand upLearn basic surfing rules and etiquetteAsk any questions that come up
Final 30-60 minutes:Have fun as you practice on your own, with your instructor nearbyHave fun as you practice on your own, with your instructor nearby
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Participant must call and re-confirm booking 48 hours prior to activity
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Participants must be 13 years old and up. Students under 13 years of age may book a private lesson by contacting the supplier directly.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.