Kawarau River Rafting From Queenstown
OverviewEnjoy this great introduction to white water rafting. The four rapids on the Kawarau River are exciting and the scenery is superb. This grade 2-3 rafting trip is perfect for first time rafters, families and school groups. It provides a great taste of white water action with plenty of opportunities to splash around, try a cliff jump or even swim through a rapid!
- All necessary equipment included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThis grade 2-3 rafting trip is perfect for first time rafters, families and school groups. It provides a great taste of white water action with plenty of opportunities to splash around, try a cliff jump or even swim through a rapid!
Between rapids you will experience calmer stretches of river, with a unique perspective of the historic Kawarau Bungy Bridge as your raft passes underneath. Experience the rugged Gibbston Valley wine region and Lord of the Rings country as you float through the rocky cliffs and blue waters of the Kawarau River.
The Grand Finale is the unforgettable 400m Dog Leg Rapid which ends your trip on New Zealands largest volume commercially rafted river.
Inclusions for Kawarau River Rafting From Queenstown
- White water rafting down the Kawarau River
- Safety briefing, professional raft guide
- Use of all necessary equipment - wetsuit, life jacket, spray jacket, booties, helmet
- Courtesy coach transfersfrom meeting location
- Use of hot showers and sauna
Exclusions for Kawarau River Rafting From Queenstown
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children aged between 13 and 15 must be accompanied by an adult
Children aged 16-17 can raft alone with a signed consent form from parent/guardian
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Pregnant woman are unable to raft
Minimum age 13 yrs
Minimum weight 40kg
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Basic swimming skills are essential- suitable for less confident swimmers.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.