Kayak Adventure From Franz Josef Glacier
OverviewA unique kayak adventure, only minutes from Franz Josef Glacier! Set out across Lake Mapourika's mirror-like water and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding Southern Alps and Glaciers.Explore a kiwi sanctuary set amidst some of the oldest untouched rainforest in Westland!This tour lasts up to three hours and is designed to complete your Glacier Country Experience!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Ideal choice for families
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourLake Mapourika was created by the mighty Franz Josef Glacier as it retreated some 14 000 years ago, now it sits sandwiched between the Southern Alps and the Tasman Sea. The mirror-like water and unbeatable views make it one of the scenic gems of the West Coast!
The back of the lake borders a protected habitat of the rarest birds on the planet - the Rowi. Follow your guide through the narrow estuaries of the Okarito Kiwi Sanctuary and enjoy some of Westland's oldest untouched rainforest. Slide silently past 900 year old Kahikatea trees and enjoy the unique song of New Zealand's native birds!
Free high quality digital photos are provided with each tour. We also provide specialist equipment to keep you warm and dry, and a selection of quality sea kayaks to choose from.
Inclusions for Kayak Adventure From Franz Josef Glacier
- Fully Guided Activity
- High Quality Photos
- All equipment provided including dry bags, splash jackets and gloves and hats in the winter
- Courtesy Transport to and from the Lake
- Courtesy pick-ups available on request
Exclusions for Kayak Adventure From Franz Josef Glacier
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.