Kayak And Hike Adventure Tour From Panajachel In Guatemala
OverviewGet ready for the adventure with this combined tour that includes kayaking and hiking to the rugged north shore of Lake Atitlan. Explore ancient Mayan paths on an adventure tour from Santa Cruz La Laguna. Discover Mayan villages in the jungles of Guatemala, and see the villagers tending their coffee crops, and more. You will have the option of cliff jump, only if you dare!This section of Lake Atitlan has barely been touched by the outside world, enjoy breathtaking views of Lake Atitlan and the surrounding volcanoes.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourChose from full-day or half-day adventure tour package, both combining kayaking and hiking.
Your tour begins in Panajachel where you transfer by boat to the remote village of Santa Cruz La Laguna. The village and lake shore are only accessable by boat, and feels as though you travel back in time to another era.
Exit the boat at our exclusive adventure center and gear up to get in the water. Our qualified kayak instructors will size you up for the proper kayak and PFD gear. We have children's single kayaks and large double and triple seater kayaks especially for families. All the guides are experienced kayak teachers, and can show you basic paddling techniques.
Once everyone is ready to go, paddle to one of our special cliff jumping areas. We have two areas for swimming and cliff jumping, and we will select the one most appropriate for your family.
Either area has short jumps of 2 - 3 feet, and longer jumps up to 30 feet. All jumping areas are in deep landing water that has been tested by our guides.
But if you prefer only to paddle, don't worry! We can skip the cliff jumping for you.
If you choose the Full Day Tour, continue paddling along the rugged and remote north shore of Lake Atitlan, followed by a hike back through the Mayan villages of San Marcos, Tzununa, and El Jaibalito. You will paddle for about 2-hour along the lake-shore, heading past the Mayan settlements of El Jaibalito and Tzununa en route to San Marcos.
Encounter Mayan men fishing from hand-hewn boats known as cayukas, just as they have done for centuries. Gaze at the rugged rocks that provide home to exotic plant and bird life.
You will even have the opportunity to jump into the crystal clear waters from the cliff tops. Pull into the Bay of San Marcos to gear up for the 2nd part of your adventure.
The north shore of Lake Atitlan has no road access, so you will be hiking paths that have been used by the Mayans for centuries. See villagers tending their maize and coffee crops en route.
If you choose the Half Day Tour, you will return to our adventure center, followed by a 1-hour hike through the Pumpatin Canyon.
This section of Lake Atitlan has barely been touched by the outside world, and from your privileged position several hundred feet above the ever changing waters of Atitlan, enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding volcanoes.
Inclusions for Kayak And Hike Adventure Tour From Panajachel In Guatemala
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located Panajachel and Santa Cruz hotels)
- Round-trip shared boat transfer
- Professional kayak guide
Exclusions for Kayak And Hike Adventure Tour From Panajachel In Guatemala
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Transportation to/from Adventure Center from other locations
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.