Kayak Tour Of Pulau Ubin From Singapore
OverviewPaddle your kayak past the nesting sites of sea eagles and search for dolphins in the waters of Pulau Ubin (Ubin Island). Set out from Pulau Ubin on a moderate, 6-hour sea kayak expedition, paddling around the wetlands of Chek Jawa and into the streams bisecting the island. Your expert guide will offer expertise for maneuvering the sit-on-top double kayak and point out a variety of rich marine life inhabiting Ubin’s waters—including manta rays, otters and monitor lizards.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tourPulau Ubin, a granite island located in the northeast of Singapore, offers an abundance of native flora and fauna among its waterways. From rocky shores and wild seas to mangroves and inland creeks, there are plenty of natural wonders to discover by kayak!
Meet your guide for an orientation at Ubin Adventures and then suit up with your life vest and climb aboard your double kayak. These sit-on-top boats are easy to navigate and your guide will offer instructional techniques along the way. Your 9-mile (15-km) kayak route starts out from Changi Beach as you paddle into the sea, and then moves into the tidal streams that bisect the north and south parts of Pulau Ubin.
Follow your guide past the cape of Chek Jawa, where 250 acres (100 hectares) of wetlands are situated on the islands southeastern tip. Here, youll find several ecosystemsincluding sea grass lagoon, mangrove, coral rubble and coastal forestthat support a multitude of marine life in its waters.
During your journey, paddle past the hunting grounds of dolphin pods and the nesting site of sea eagles. Watch manta rays glide by before exploring inland rivers at high tide. Once you reach the creeks and enter the mangrove trees, your group may chance upon the occasional mangrove tree snake, large monitor lizard and hornbill.
Along the way, stop for a lunch break amid the beautifully scenic waterscape. (It is recommended that you bring your own lunch and beverage.) Toward the end of your kayak adventure, your guide will help you spot the nesting areas of the smooth-coated otter and lead you to their favorite play area to watch their antics.
Your 6-hour tour ends at 3:30pm at Ubin Adventures, where you can change into dry clothes before making your way back to your hotel.
Please click 'View Additional Information' to see the kayaking route map.
Inclusions for Kayak Tour Of Pulau Ubin From Singapore
- Kayak, paddle and portable flotation device
- Professional kayaking leader
Exclusions for Kayak Tour Of Pulau Ubin From Singapore
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Ferry transportation
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Travelers are recommended to bring the following: Toiletries and towel for freshening up; A change of fresh clothes; Sunscreen; Hat / Cap; Water bottle; T-shirt / Rash guard with surf / board shorts; Covered Shoes / Aqua Boots (Booties) that you can get wet in
No Sandals / Slippers Allowed. Participants who come with inappropriate footwear will not be allowed to proceed with the course
Travelers must be fit enough to swim 50 meters with flotation device
Travelers must provide their own lunch and snacks
Passport name, number, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Please Note: Departure time may vary due to tide, especially in February to March. After booking, please call the number on your voucher to confirm departure time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.