Kayaking And Sandwich Habour Guided Day Tour From Walvis BayWrite a Review
OverviewAfter collecting you from the waterfront in Walvis Bay, go on a scenic drive past the Walvis Bay waterfront and salt refinery on route to Pelican Point Peninsula, where you will have the chance to kayak amongst countless seals, dolphins and other marine life, the second part of the tour takes you deep into the Namib desert where the huge dunes meet the Atlantic. Many interesting sights to see including desert fauna and flora, off road driving on the sand, lunch that includes finger snacks, sparkling wine and oysters.
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourThe tour starts at 7:45am at the Waterfront in Walvis Bay. You will be taken in a 4x4 vehicle on a scenic drive along the Walvis Bay Lagoon and the salt mines to Pelican Point. Stop along the way to take pictures and of our countless flamingos, pelicans, large flocks of cormorants and great variety of other birds and wildlife.
After approximately one hour, reach Pelican Point where you will get your Kayaks ready for paddling. Pelican Point is home to up to 50.000 Cape Fur Selas all year round. They are very friendly and playful and not scared of the Kayaks, even when you paddle right next to them. Stay on the protected side of the peninsula. Spend around 2 hours on the ocean, depending on general weather conditions. Your guide will use a waterproof camera for some photos which will be emailed to you immediately after the tour.
Kayaking part of the tour concludes approximately at 12:30pm.
From there you will head into the Namib desert. You will experience dune 4x4 driving, see the old border fence between South Africa and Namibia, then enter the Namib Naukluft National Park. The largest national park in Africa at 49000 sq km.
Stop to see wildlife and photo opportunities Â throughout the duration of the tour. If weather permits you'll set up lunch at Sandwich Lagoon which includes finger snacks, sparkling wine, local beer and fresh Namibian oysters. After lunch, head back to the waterfront/accommodation.
Conclude your tour back in Walvis Bay.
Inclusions for Kayaking And Sandwich Habour Guided Day Tour From Walvis Bay
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Light refreshments
Exclusions for Kayaking And Sandwich Habour Guided Day Tour From Walvis Bay
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.