Upon departure from select Orlando hotels, your driver-guide will provide you with a wealth of information and knowledge to ensure you make the best use of your free time at the facility.
When you arrive at Kennedy space center, you will be met by an astronaut for a complimentary welcome presentation. Following this, you can join your driver-guide on a walk through of the Space Shuttle Atlantis building. It is the only shuttle on display in flight mode with its bay doors open and it has many interactive exhibits that are fun for all ages. There are simulators where you can try landing the space shuttle or for the young (or young at heart) you can slide down the glide incline slide!
After this, your day at Kennedy space center is self-guided at your leisure. There are many attractions but some favorites are:
- Shuttle Launch Experience which lets you feel like you are riding in the Space Shuttle on a mission to outer space. This simulator experience feels as close to riding the orbiter as possible so the astronauts say!
- The NASA Bus tour takes guests from the Visitor Center and onto NASA restricted property. Take a NASA bus for a drive-by view of a launch pad and then experience the historic Apollo 8 launch site and marvel at a massive 363-foot-long Saturn V moon rocket at the Apollo/Saturn V Center
- IMAX movies. Two incredible 3D IMAX® movies capture the mystery and majesty of space with actual footage filmed by astronauts and breathtaking celestial images captured by the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Kennedy space center and Airboat Tour - in the afternoon you will head over to St. Johns River, for a 30-minute high-speed airboat ride. This is a great way to take in some of the areas unique flora and fauna and perhaps spot an American Alligator!
- The Dine with an Astronaut program is a buffet lunch experience hosted by a NASA Astronaut. The Astronaut of the day usually gives a short presentation about their experiences before opening the floor for questions. A very unique dining experience.
- Ultimate Space Experience is the tour for people wanting to have a slightly more in-depth knowledge of the facility and includes the Dine with an Astronaut luncheon. After lunch you embark on a guided bus tour of Up-Close NASA facilities. Although this bus tour is subject to changes, you can often see the Space Shuttle Launch Pads, Vehicle Assembly Buildings, Crawler Transporters & more! This is a 90-minute in-depth tour.
- If you already have your tickets and you don't fancy the hour drive, book the Transportation Only option. Departures from Central Florida leave at around 8.35am to journey over to the space center and en-route the driver-guide will provide you lots of insight and tips!