Ketchikan Rainforest Nature Walk And Sightseeing Cruise
OverviewSurround yourself with nature and discover the beauty of Southeast Alaska as you travel by inflatable Seahawk vessel for an exciting cruise to Orca Beach, followed by a rainforest walk. Keep an eye out for wildlife along the way while delving into native culture as you join your guide for a nature walk and beach exploration, learning how the early inhabitants utilized all aspects of the ecosystem for spiritual enrichment, shelter, and transportation. Enjoy an Alaskan snack as you take in wonderful vistas before cruising back to Knudson Cove.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- All necessary equipment included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourTake a ride on a unique, exciting rigid-hull inflatable vessel. It's an open motorized ocean raft called a Seahawk, which locals refer to as the banana boat. Your captain will point out marine life and interesting features along the coast of Clover Passage, including a bald eagle's nest, while you travel out to Betton Island. This is a country rich with wildlife and along the route you may have the opportunity to observe whales, Steller sea lions, harbor seals, bald eagles and migrating seabirds.
Landing at a beautiful secluded beach you will be instructed to follow your guide through the ancient Tongass National Forest, which is the nation's largest national forest at almost 17 million acres (almost 5.7 million acres has been designated as wilderness). Home to a diverse cross-section of animals including bears, eagles, salmon, sand hill cranes, wolves and trumpeter swans, you will learn about the many amazing botanical species native to this region.
Your guide will also be able to point out the wonderful Western red cedars and yellow cedars that early Natives depended on for spiritual enrichment, shelter and transportation. The trail you will be taking is mostly boardwalk, well maintained and about one mile in length. You will also have the opportunity to learn about beach life that is present during your visit. You may see starfish or sea cucumber, or learn how the natives used the sea weed in their daily lives.
During your stay at the island, you'll enjoy an Alaska-style snack by the campfire and take in the wonderful vistas, before your return trip to Ketchikan.
Inclusions for Ketchikan Rainforest Nature Walk And Sightseeing Cruise
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Sightseeing cruise
- Rain forest nature walking tour
- Naturalist guide
Exclusions for Ketchikan Rainforest Nature Walk And Sightseeing Cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please indicate your ship or hotel name when booking your tour
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
Adult rate applies to all travelers
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum Weight: 40 lbs
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.