Khmer Cooking Class In Siem Reap
OverviewFrom a culture at least 3,000 years old, Khmer cuisine is one of the oldest in the world. Even though the cuisine got influence from its neighboring countries, it still retains the style, flavor and taste that is uniquely Khmer. Participate in our educational and hands-on Khmer cooking class and discover Khmer food, culture and superstitions relating to food. At the end of the class you will receive the recipes of the day to take home so you can wow your friends and family.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Popular choice with kids
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourParticipate in a hands-on Khmer cooking class. First sit down with the chef over a coffee to go through the program and learn about Khmer cooking traditions.
After that, the chef will then escort you on a tour of the local market. Learn about Khmer food, culture and superstitions relating to food. Pick fruits, vegetables, fish, and the multi-color spices and herbs for the dishes that you will practice later this morning. During the class see these key ingredients, such as galagal, tumeric, kaffir limes and lemongrass, used in Cambodian cooking.
Enjoy a cooking demonstration of the dishes that you will prepare. Your three course cooking session will include Green Mango Salad with Smoked Fish, Cambodian Chicken Curry and Sticky Rice and Dumpling Stuffed with Palm Sugar. Finally, enjoy eating your own culinary creation in a lively and friendly Khmer setting.
At the end of the class, receive the recipes that you just learned how to cook.
Inclusions for Khmer Cooking Class In Siem Reap
- Lunch or dinner (depending on the class you choose)
- Welcome drink
- Free flow of soft drink, and chilled juices during cooking class
- Complimentary can of local beer
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Cooking class certificate
- Recipe book
- Khmer spice souvenir
Exclusions for Khmer Cooking Class In Siem Reap
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.