Kiev Combo: Private Guided Tour Of Kiev Pechersk Lavra And Museum Of WWII
OverviewVisit two famous landmarks of Kiev, Kiev Pechersk Lavra and Museum of the World War II, during one comprehensive guided tour. Advantage from the close location of the attractions and save your time and money with a combo tour. First, explore the territory of UNESCO-listed Kiev Pechersk Lavra, founded in 11th century, and learn the most important facts from its history. Discover the ancient cave monastery, Dormition Cathedral, Lavra bell tower and much more. After that, walk to the Museum of the World War II that consists of the indoor museum in the podium of Mother Motherland Statue and open-air exhibition of military equipment. Hotel pick-up and drop off by a private vehicle will make this tour even more comfortable.
Know More about this tour
Spend a wonderful time on an informative 5-hour tour that includes a visit of two popular travel attractions of Kiev, located close to each other Kiev Pechersk Lavra and Museum of World War II.
Learn all the most interesting facts from the centuries-old history of the Orthodox Monastery Kiev Pechersk Lavra, included on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Hermit monks Anthony and Theodosius founded Lavra in 11th century and nowadays it is one of the symbols of the city.
You will start exploring Lavra from its most ancient part the cave monastery. Your guide will show you an underground church and the relics of saints that are believed to have healing properties. Later, you will visit the Upper territory of Lavra, where the Great Bell tower is located. Moreover, you will see the Dormition Cathedral and Refectory Church.
After visiting Lavra the tour will continue and you will walk to the Museum of the World War II. A one-of-a-kind museum enlightens people of the tragic events of the World War II and helps to understand the importance of peace for the future generations. On the open-air grounds of the museum, you will find an exhibition of the military equipment and sculptures depicting the crucial events of the war.
Then, youll have a comprehensive tour of the museums main exhibition, located in the podium of the Mother Motherland Statue. Passing from one hall to another with an expert guide, you will uncover striking facts about the struggle against Nazism. If the weather is good, there is a possibility to get to one of the observation decks of the Mother Motherland statue, 36 m or 91 m high, and contemplate the panorama of the city (optional, for additional fee).
When the tour is over, your driver will drop you off at your hotel or apartment.
Inclusions for Kiev Combo: Private Guided Tour Of Kiev Pechersk Lavra And Museum Of WWII
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees to Kiev Pechersk Lavra and Museum of World War
Exclusions for Kiev Combo: Private Guided Tour Of Kiev Pechersk Lavra And Museum Of WWII
- Entrance fees to optional sights (Museum of Microminiatures, Lavra Bell tower, Mother Motherland observation deck)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship in Kiev Pechersk Lavra. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirement
Minimum age for the 91m observation deck of the Mother Motherland Statue is 18 years (optional visit)
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mamaeva Sloboda Open-Air Museum Private Tour
- Private Guided Bike Tour of Kiev
- Jewish History of Kiev including Babi Yar Memorial Private Tour
- 3 Hour Kiev Walking Tour of Podil District
- Small-Group Waking Tour of Kiev Center
- Small-Group Panoramic City Tour of Kiev
- From Ancient Kyiv to Euromaidan Tour
- Missile Force Base Trip from Kiev