Kiev Metro Tour
OverviewExplore the most beautiful of Kievs Soviet-time metro stations on this 2-hours walking tour. With an expert guide, visit eight of the Ukrainian capitals celebrated stations built during the Soviet period at 1960. As you lean how the lavish, subway Kiev architecture was designed to express a bright, bold new Soviet future. Admire the extravagant decor, chandeliers and sculptures at the stations, including Zoloti Vorota (Eng. Gilden Gate), with its iconic mosaics.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide at the Khreshchatyk station (entrance to Institutskaya str.) to begin your 2-hour tour of Kievs historical metro stations. Then, set off with your metro ticket to visit eight of the most interesting stations.
Head insideKhreshchatyk station is named for theKhreshchatykstreet, the most central street inKiev.The station is pylon trivault that features ceramic Ukrainian ornaments framed by metallic grills on the central hall sides of the pylons. White marble is used elsewhere, particularly for the walls and the main pylon frames.
Go to, Dnipro station is named after the Dnieper River, the station consists of a semi-Estacada over the embankment highway, and then continues across the river as part of theMetro Bridge.
Visit Arsenalna station was opened along with the first stage and is currently the deepest station in the world (105.5 meters (346 ft). The escalator ride consists of two separate tunnels linked in between by a smaller hall. The ride on the escalators itself is one of the longest, up to five minutes.
Next, take in the ostentatious design ofTeatralnahas a Rich red marble adorns thick pylons which separate the platforms from the central hall. The walls are riveted with white marble and the floor is laid with grey granite.
Learn more Universytet Station where the red marbled pylons are adorned with eight white marble busts of famous scientists and Ukrainian literature poets: T.Shevchenko, I. Franko, G.Skovoroda, N.Gogol and etc.
Move on to VokzalnaMetro Station. Pylon trivault design with bright white marbled pylons and white ceramic tiles on the walls.The pylons are decorated with bronze 8 medallions depicting the various episodes from Ukrainian and Soviet history.
Shuliavska Metro Station with The mosaics of the central hall. Mosaics has a 8 meters in long and 4 meters in height and symbolised the Workers and Plant and the Soviet Period.
Lastly, visit the Pearl of the Kievs Metro - Zoloti Vorota Station what is located near the city'sGolden Gate, from which the station takes its name. The Zoloti Vorota features 80 distinct mosaic pieces and images depicting the history of Kievan Rus'. In 2011, the station's mosaics were listed as "newly discovered objects of cultural heritage" by the city's Department of Cultural Heritage. The station is regarded as one of the most impressive metro stations in Europe,being placed on a list compiled byThe Daily Telegraphin 2013.
Inclusions for Kiev Metro Tour
- Private walking tour by professional guide
- Walking tour by Kiev's Metro
- 2-hour Kiev metro station tour with an expert local guide
- Visit eight of the most intriguing Kiev stations: Khreshchatyk, Dnipro, Arsenalna, Teatralna, Universitet, Vokzalna, Shuliavska, Zoloti Vorota
- See iconic Soviet-era architecture alongside lavish mosaics, sculptures, marble and ceramic.
Exclusions for Kiev Metro Tour
- Metro ticket (about 0.20 cents)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Explore the History of the Kiev's Metro
Another language speaking guide is on request.
A maximum of 15 people per booking.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.