Kilauea Volcano Bike Tour
OverviewJoin a guided Kilauea Volcano bike tour in the Hawaii Volcano National Park. You'll explore Kilauea Volcano, from its summit to the sea, as you bike down this active crater. It's a great family-friendly adventure in Hawaii packed with fun, which also includes visits to Thurston Lava Tube and the Jagger Museum.
Know More about this tourYour professional interpretive guide will take you through fantastic terrains, on mostly downhill and leveled paved roads/trails, while sharing geological and mythological information about the park. You will be provided with all the equipment necessary for your adventure including lunch, beverages and van support.
Experience the main highlights of Hawaii Volcano National Park, from lush ancient Hawaiian rainforests to dynamic lava formation. You will travel through a variety of micro-climates, huge craters, stand by steaming vents, walk through a lava tube and if Madame Pele (the volcano goddess) allows, see active lava flows pouring into the Pacific Ocean.
Bike as much or as little as you wish during the majestic Kilauea Volcano bike tour. A support van will always be close by. If you prefer not to cycle at all you have the option of joining the tour by van and riding along the same trails. Read the Itinerary for a list of the stops and sights included in your tour.
Inclusions for Kilauea Volcano Bike Tour
- Rain jacket
- Fresh Baked Deli Sandwich Lunch (Roast Beef, Pastrami, Ham, Turkey, Tuna, or Veggie)
- DOT approved helmets
- Giant Sedona Comfort Hybrid Bicycle
- Pickup and drop off from select locations (see departure point field)
Exclusions for Kilauea Volcano Bike Tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Visitor Center at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Jagger Museum (inside visit)
- Kilaueu caldera rim and steam vents
- Rainforest section and paved trail of the volcano summit
- Kilauea Iki Crater outlook
- Chain of Craters Road
- Mau Loa O Mauna Ulu (see the lava flow)
- Views of the Ka’u coastline
- Oceanside lunch
- Thurston Lava Tube
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Van pricing requires at least one cyclist in your party. All van riders must have the ability to access the historic sites at the groups pace and enter/exit the van independently.
Please advise the following information at time of booking in the "Special Requirements" field:
Local contact number in Hawaii
Meeting location selection
What to Bring
Riders should wear layered clothing to ensure your comfort while bicycling. Local weather at Kilauea's summit (4000') varies daily and may be rainy and chilly any time in the year. At the summit of the volcano, temperatures may be 12 to 15 degrees cooler than at sealevel. The coastal plain at the end of Chain of Craters Road, where lava is entering the ocean, is often hot, dry, and windy with the possibility of passing showers.
Layered Clothing (shorts, t-shirt, jacket/sweatshirt, pants)
Closed Toed Shoes
Your Sense of Adventure
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.