Kilkenny And Wicklow Day Tour From Dublin
OverviewDiscover the true beauty of Ireland on this fantastic day trip to the monastic site of Glendalough and the city colourful Kilkenny, the medieval capital of Ireland.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourDepart Dublin
Depart Dublin for this award winning and brilliant day trip with your 100% Irish Tour Guide. We travel south and begin our journey into County Wicklow,passing through beautiful countryside in the Wicklow mountains most notably the Sugar Loaf Mountains while making our way towards Glendalough.Glendalough
Glendalough - one of the most beautiful visitor sights in all of Ireland, is also known for the Braveheart wedding scenes. It's renowned for its magnificent scenery and rich and varied heritage in terms of history and archaeology. You will have time to explore the ruined monastic city famed for St. Kevin's Cross and its round tower dating back to 10th century. We take time to take a leisurely stroll along the river banks through the woods to the magnificent lakes, waterfalls and babbling brooks. Be sure to bring your camera! You will enjoy 1,5 hrs at Glendalough.Hollywood Blockbusters 'PS I Love You' and 'Braveheart'
If you're a fan of the Hollywood Blockbusters 'PS, I Love You' and 'Braveheart' then you will now officially be on the set! You'll understand why Mel Gibson (an Irish passport holder) chose the Wicklow mountains to be the Highlands of Scotland, and Glendalough to be the spot for the wedding scene. And then of course there are all the romantic scenes from 'PS I Love You', this is where Hilary Swank met Gerard Butler for the first time so who knows you you might meet ;)Wicklow Mountains
We travel over the Wicklow Gap, which takes us way up into the Wicklow Mountains. This route allows spectacular panoramic views of the landscape, with amazing scenery stretching as far as the eye can see. We view traditional Irish bogs which provide the Irish householder with the source of energy that fuels our fires and provides power for many uses. Through the Wicklow Gap we also pass Turlogh waterfall, one of Ireland's most dramatic waterfalls and highest reservoir.Kilkenny
Arrive in Kilkenny, once the medieval capital of Ireland back in the 11th century. Situated on the banks of the river Nore, enjoy the picturesque windy and cobblestone streets. Explore the gardens of the famed Norman Castle dating back to the 1100s. Consider going inside and taking a tour of its palatial interior for a small optional fee. You have plenty of time to wander the streets and visit the Black Abbey or possibly see the Cathedral of Saint Canice with its magnificent round tower. With our guaranteed 2hrs stop you shall also have plenty of time for relaxed lunch and maybe try a pint of Kilkenny in Kilkenny. This a magnificent city to enjoy and savor and shall be a highlight of your visit to Ireland.
Inclusions for Kilkenny And Wicklow Day Tour From Dublin
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Pick-up and drop off in Dublin (Refer to voucher for further information)
Exclusions for Kilkenny And Wicklow Day Tour From Dublin
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You must reconfirm your pick-up location directly with the supplier.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ireland's West Coast: 3-Day Drive to Cliffs of Moher, Galway and Connemara
- 3-Day Northern Ireland Small-Group Tour from Dublin
- Dublin Airport Private Transfer: Dublin Airport to Killarney
- Wicklow with Guided Walk Including Glendalough Tour from Dublin
- Airport Shuttle Transfer from Dublin Airport
- Private Arrival Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin Hotels
- Private Departure Transfer from Dublin Hotels to Dublin Airport
- Airport Shuttle Transfer from Dublin Hotels to Dublin Airport